|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Electrical Apprenticeship Program 2021
- Join us and make it happen for your career
- Starting salary package starting from $54,400 (includes 15% superannuation)
- Based in Wagga Wagga
Applications are now open!
TransGrid is seeking motivated individuals to join our exciting apprenticeship program from 2021.
At the heart of the National Electricity Market, our high voltage transmission network connects more than 3.5 million homes and businesses across New South Wales (NSW) and the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) to deliver safe and reliable electricity. We take a leading role in encouraging the connection of renewable generation and more broadly, the transition to a low carbon future. We offer fulfilling careers where every person is encouraged to take advantage of ongoing opportunities to develop their skills. Our people come from a broad range of backgrounds that reflect the communities we serve, and bring different perspectives to different challenges. Together they play a critical role in our continued success.
About our Apprenticeship Program
Each year, TransGrid offers electrical apprenticeships at various locations throughout NSW. As a TransGrid apprentice you can look forward to hands-on learning and development in a supportive and stimulating environment. You will have the opportunity to work on significant infrastructure projects that will shape the future of the energy industry in Australia, including connecting renewable energy to the network. We provide a structured development program for our apprentices. During your time as an apprentice with us, you will have access to development activities like:
- Industry leading training in the installation and maintenance of high voltage equipment
- Hand-tools and workshop machinery skills
- Welding courses
- Nationally accredited safety training and various high risk licences
- On-the-job training
- TransGrid technical capability development in a variety of specialist areas
- On completion of the apprenticeship you will receive a certificate of proficiency as an Electrotechnology Electrician
A career at TransGrid includes:
- A friendly and open team oriented culture
- An exciting and rewarding place to work
- A competitive salary plus allowances
- 15% Superannuation
- 9-day fortnight
- Protective clothing and tools required for the job
- Access to study assistance
- Salary sacrificing for superannuation and motor vehicles
- A flexible workplace and leave provisions to encourage a healthy work/life balance
To be considered, you must have:
- Completed high school studies (minimum year 10 or equivalent) and have sound mathematics and communication skills
- A genuine interest in a trade working within a high voltage electricity transmission network
- A current driver’s licence or be willing to obtain one as soon as possible after appointment
Join us and make it happen for your career, and for the millions of Australian’s who rely on our services every day. If you are interested in becoming an apprentice at TransGrid, please visit our website at https://careers.transgrid.com.au/go/Apprentice-roles/4580610/ and apply online.
Applications close Sunday, 28 June 2020
TransGrid is committed to Work Health and Safety, the Environment, Equal Employment Opportunity, Cultural Diversity and Ethical Practices. All applicants are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to these areas.