|Job Type:||Full Time|
Functional Area: Networks
Travel: up to 10%
Work Rights: AU/NZ Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident
Background Checks: All employment offers to join Ericsson are subject to satisfactory completion of our global pre-employment check
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with over 45,000 life-enhancing technologies to our name, at Ericsson we’ve made it our business to make a mark. We are on a quest, relentlessly innovating to make technology easy to adopt, easy to use and easy to scale. As a team, we are helping to solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that’.
We’ll help you design your future! You can choose to be an expert or a leader or both! Leveraging everything from cybersecurity to machine learning, making smart manufacturing and autonomous mines a reality. With access to hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world with the support to really find ‘your great’ and the ability to rediscover it, again and again.
Our Great Opportunity:
Ericsson Australia is growing! As a result, we are now looking for a Lead Senior Solution Architect, who will be responsible for analyzing, designing and developing commercially viable technical solutions for the customers. The successful candidate will also be accountable for providing profitable business for Ericsson by translating customer needs, and technology opportunities into detailed technical offering, solutions and proposals.
- Work as a Lead RAN Solution Architect and manage a team responsible for LTE solution-onboarding activities that will support upcoming modernization project
- Scope, define and design solution offerings; driving end-to-end technical solutions for 4G/5G
- Point of contact for complex technical issue or queries
- Analyze customer technology, define business requirements and participate in risk analysis
- Develop technical presentations and proposals, and perform customer presentations
- Drive efficiencies, automation and cost savings in processes
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing
- Stay abreast of on new technology/technical areas and share information about solution to enable customer competence build
- Education: Bachelor or Masters in Telecommunications or equivalent
- At least 13+ years' experience in Telecommunications
- Excellent understanding in LTE/5G networks.
- Must have worked in capacity of Technical Lead or Subject Matter Expert
- Extensive experience in implementing and verification of LTE feature, products and solutions in labs and/or on-field (5G experience advantageous)
- Strong understanding and hands-on experience of multi-vendor KPI and feature mapping
- Proven examples of driving outcomes and within timeframe & budget
- Extensive experience troubleshooting on complex 4G/5G technical issues
- Deep understanding on L3 messaging, root cause analysis and cell trace
- Experience with various drive test equipment and multi-vendor OSS platform tools
- Excellent communication skills to influence key customers at C-level and internal partners
- Strong 3GPP knowledge
- Strong leadership skills and ability to motivate team
- Deep Ericsson product solutions knowledge and PDU connection (advantageous)
- Experience in pre-sales and RFP
- Programming and Scripting skills (advantageous)
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-First” projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
Every year, more than 10,000 organizations from over 60 countries partner with the Great Place to Work® Institute for assessment, benchmarking and planning actions to strengthen their workplace culture. Great Place to Work® Institute’s methodology is recognized as rigorous and objective and is considered as the gold standard for defining great workplaces across business, academia and government organizations. Ericsson Australia has been Great Place to Work - Certified™ in 2020.
Ericsson is a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women! See our benefits and policies here:https://au.work180.co/employer/ericsson/benefits
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
For your interview preparation, here are a few "Tips&Tricks" from our recruiters
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.