|Job Type:||Full Time|
Location: Rockhampton OR Mackay (Mobile team)
Remuneration/Benefit: Attractive REM in line with EA
- Opportunity to work on the RM902 Undercutting machine – only one of its kind in the world
- Supportive tight-knit team
- Attractive remuneration and the opportunity to progress
About the role:
- Contribute to maximum machine availability by efficiently maintaining, servicing, repairing and performing approved modifications on any infrastructure machinery.
- Operate any infrastructure machinery and all associated machinery where qualified and required.
- Communicate machine maintenance requirements effectively, contributing to a team-based approach for machine operation and maintenance.
- Complete operation and maintenance reporting/administration work, assist in providing plant maintenance documentation and reports in accordance with the Scheduled Assured Maintenance (SAM) System and all associated databases as required by the Supervisor.
- Participate in programs and planning, staff appraisals, development and training to meet customer and business needs.
- Work in accordance with the Enterprise Agreement and other agreements/policies relevant to the position.
- Undertake Trade/Operator and other tasks as directed by the Superintendent, Supervisors and senior staff.
- Certificate III in Engineering electrical OR Electrical Trade Qualification (unfortunately no other trades can be considered for this role)
- 2-3 years’ experience
- High level of skill in maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of plant and equipment to achieve planned outcomes and business objectives.
- Substantial knowledge of concepts and application of preventative maintenance to improve reliability and availability.
- Sound level of interpersonal, oral and written communication skills to actively participate in an environment of teamwork, effective workplace and customer relationships.
- Sound problem solving, analytical and quality improvement skills.
- Enthusiastic attitude
- Must be able to work away on a roster (accommodation provided)
- Roster works around a 8/6 model however can differ from time to time
- Working on a shift count of 208 shifts per year
- Day shift and night shift
- Accommodation provided
- Travel out to sites provided
- Expenses whilst away provided in line with corporate policy
- Living away from home allowance
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- As an endorsed WORK180 employer, you can view of policies and benefits here
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 50 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers