|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Country HR Officer (CHRO) manages multiple teams of senior professionals through other senior managers. The job requires a broad and comprehensive understanding of the different systems, theories and practices relevant to a function as well as practical experience of multiple business cycles. In-depth knowledge of the industry and direct competitors' products/services is also necessary in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business. Requires thorough understanding of strategic direction of the function within the business, combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both the function and/ or area of expertise. Excellent communication skills required in order to influence a wide range of audiences. The job is likely to be involved in both internal and external negotiations which will have a major impact on the area managed, and possibly on other related areas and organization as a whole. Develops medium- to long-term plans and executes functional strategies for a large/complex country, cluster of countries, or business requiring coordination and integration across units. Provides input into strategic decisions affecting job family or function within a region or business. Full management responsibility of multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning. Has authority to negotiate and make independent decisions on issues/activities that have critical impact or influence on company revenues, capital or business operations. Typically, a direct report to an C16 role and sits on the highest functional leadership team within a region, job function, or global business.
- Leads HR function for a country in the provision of the highest standard and quality of HR advice, service, processes and procedures, ensuring end to end delivery of HR governance.
- Maintains controls environment with robust processes, in order to proactively manage and mitigate functional /franchise risk.
- Integrates and aligns HR priorities for a country from a business, geographic and legal entity perspective.
- Contributes to strategic planning and decision making at the top executive level so the organization's human resource strategy is aligned with other business strategies.
- Serves as a trusted advisor for complex, sensitive, and high level strategic people issues, such as setting multi-year engagement/talent agenda.
- Establishes effective resourcing, mobility, development, succession and retention plans for leadership teams / key roles across the country; Influence talent, performance and mobility decisions in the best interests of the overall Citi franchise.
- Oversees cultural transformation, organization design and change management post-merger and support business in enhancement of employee engagement, implementation of diversity initiatives, and ensure culture of ethical behaviors at an individual and collective level.
- Proactively advises and influences all staff related maters as an integral part of Country Management as the primary interface, from a people strategy and leadership perspective, for external stakeholders such as the Regulators, Government bodies, Unions, Auditors, and the internal Board of Directors.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 15+ years of experience, including 10+ years' managerial experience
- Excellent understanding of contemporary HR practices and tools with the ability to apply them proactively and flexibly to client groups with diverse needs
- Solid understanding of India regulatory and legal frameworks related to employment matters
- Bachelors/University degree, Master’s degree preferred; managerial experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - AU
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.