We're here to help communities thrive.
Your community is our community.
It is the sum of everyone’s different experiences, backgrounds and perspectives that makes ours a strong and inclusive community. We are always seeking fresh new faces. Faces just like yours. Fresh faces wanted.
We have a permanent opportunity for an experienced Operator based in Northam. This position will be responsible for leading and coordinates the operational maintenance of water supply and waste water within the district on complex schemes with technical complexity.
- Operate, maintain, coordinate and manage effective operation, maintenance and repairs to Water and wastewater; as well as operational sites and public facilities.
- Participate in safe job planning, team meetings and inspections.
- Carry out operations and maintenance tasks using specialist tools, plant and equipment supplied for such activity.
- Work with other parties including contractors and other utilities in the delivery of operations and maintenance requirements.
- Records and documents information relevant to the scheduled work in an accurate and timely manner, including use of forms, computers and other devices as required.
- Ensuring that all work is undertaken with safety as the first priority in the provision of a work environment where no injury is considered acceptable, and all activities are undertaken without compromising health and safety.
- Western Australian “LR” Class Drivers Licence
- Experience in water supply and wastewater systems
- Excellent customer service and time management skills
- Ability to work afterhours and participate on a standby roster
- A high degree of leadership and planning skills
Apply: If you are interested in the above opportunity please submit a covering letter and resume that best demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the role.
Applications close Thursday 9th April 2020.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace:
Through our Equity and Diversity Management Plan and People Strategy, Water Corporation is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace of the future.
We understand that unique perspectives, ideas and contributions only strengthen our workforce and are recognised and valued.
We encourage applications supporting our key priority communities - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, women and people with disability.
For people with disability, we are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment enabling full participation in all aspects of employment wherever possible by offering reasonable adjustments.
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete pre-employment screening which may include a medical, police clearance and Australian working rights check.
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.