|Job Type:||Full Time|
At IBM, our Project Managers excel by leading and coordinating a project team’s overall performance, scope, cost, and deliverables. Our clients rely on timely and efficient status reports, and as Project Manager, you will drive the charge with project direction, metric definition, and performance management. If you are ready to help our clients and project teams succeed, we would love to meet you!
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Project Manager SAP - Melbourne
Lead a project team in delivering (SAP) custom development solutions, or for leading a project team in the Maintenance and Support of an application (SAP) or set of applications (SAP ECC, S4HANA, SuccessFactors, SAP HR/PY) using the appropriate business measurements and terms and conditions for the project according to project charter or contract. This specialty has overall performance responsibility for managing scope, cost, schedule, and contractual deliverables. This specialty manages project plan, budget, structure, schedule and staffing requirements, including IBM and Client employees and 3rd party vendors. This specialty requires experience with PM and ITIL Service Management methodologies. They are responsible for managing all project or BAU resources, including subcontractors, and for establishing an effective communication plan with the project- or BAU team and the Client. They provide day to day direction to the project- and/or BAU team and regular project / Service Delivery status to the Client.
What skills will I need?
- Skills Environment: Professional knowledge related to incumbent's department or function. Communication/Negotiation: Engaged as an independent professional. Ability to articulate and compare alternatives approaches. Negotiate with specified objectives.
- Problem Solving: Recognize problems related to project objectives. Creativity and judgment applied to professional technical, or operational problems. Independently generates solutions, based on analytical skills & business knowledge. Challenge the validity of given procedures and processes to enhance and improve or develop complementary adjustments /solutions.
- Contribution/Leadership: Works on special projects, or leads small teams, or manages routine technical/ operational activities or departments (national or international). Understands departmental mission and vision. Provides advice in technical/operational domain of specialization. Generally controls own work priorities and methods requiring trade-offs.
- Impact on Business/Scope: Accountable for individual or team, or department results, and for the impact of the results on functional activities. Participates in overall departmental program planning. May have budgetary responsibility. Contributes by supporting activities that are subject to business measurements, impact customer satisfaction, or impact immediate costs or expenses.
What experience do I need?
- 3+ years in Project Management in an IT project environment
- Degree Qualified
Sign me up!
If you tick these boxes, and are ready to start your next challenge with a career at IBM – click “Apply” today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.