|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who we are:
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
Downer Defence Systems, combining the footprint and capability of Downer and Spotless, is one of the only integrated services companies that has a whole of Defence Capability Life Cycle offering and mindset. Our Sovereign Industry Capability delivers to the needs of Defence, National Security organisations, the major Primes and other government agencies.
As an ADM Top 10 Defence Contractor, we are a proven and trusted long-term partner, committed to diversity and inclusiveness and to growing Australia’s Defence industry with the participation of Small to Medium Enterprises.
Downer Defence Systems requires a Level 3 Aviation Systems Engineer to work within the CASG environment on a LAND project.
This role is based out of Canberra.
The successful candidates will possess the following:
- Demonstrated expertise with CASG project engineering activities and planning.
- Systems Engineer (or another variety of engineer with strong Requirements Development background) (essential)
- Knowledge of Defence software certification processes (highly desirable)
- Knowledge of comms + ISR sensors (desirable)
- Previous experience in aviation projects (desirable)
- Graduate qualifications in Engineering or Systems Engineering (essential).
- Experience as an Aviation Systems Engineer with an ability to provide leadership across all systems engineering domains.
- An experienced Systems Engineer professional who is looking to develop their career in a prominent professional services business.
- An understanding of the Defence Capability Life Cycle.
- Understanding & practical experience working within a Defence project, quality assurance & business improvement process practices and targeted & effective business solutions and outcomes.
- Experience in building trusted & valued relationships with project team members, customers & partners.
- Must hold an Australian Government security clearance (NV1 level and above).
What we offer:
- A diverse and challenging work environment.
- A growing business where opportunities are great.
- A great team where you are empowered to lead.
- Referral bonuses.
- Leave Purchases.
- Access to monthly Professional Development Sessions (including specialist forums).
Candidates must be Australian citizens with a minimum NV1 security clearance or be eligible to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance prior to commencement of engagement. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.
To apply please click “ Apply For This Job ” and if you require more information contact Linda D. @ 0417 385 576 for further details.