|Job Type:||Full Time|
Torrens Connect will deliver simpler, faster and more connected journeys for people living, working and visiting Adelaide.
Combined with local expertise in Adelaide, Torrens Connect is Australia’s largest bus operation and the only operator which has successfully expanded internationally to Singapore and London.
From July, Torrens Connect will operate and maintain Adelaide’s North-South tram and bus network and will carry out operations and maintenance on the Adelaide trams networks.
About the role
We are looking for a HSQE Advisor on a permanent basis. Your new role will be based at our depot site in Glengowrie and this will be an opportunity for you to be involved in assisting with setting up the HSQE function on a brand-new project whilst providing advice and support in driving improvements in HSQE performance.
The position also provides support to maintain a safe and healthy workplace and for adherence to company policies and other applicable laws, regulation and standards.
Reporting into the Head of HSQE you will be responsible for assisting with the development, implementation and review of the HSQE policies, procedures and plans as well as;
- Ensuring consistency and continuous improvement of all HSQE management systems and practices
- Ensuring managers, employees and contractors are aware of, and meet, obligations through the provision of training and education, such as toolbox talks and inductions for example.
- Overseeing and carrying out investigations for all incidents, including actions to prevent future occurrences
- Undertake internal and external site inspections to ensure policies and procedures are being properly adhered to
- Ensuring that all risks across the Operations are identified, incorporated into the Operational Risk Register and appropriately controlled
Ideally you will previous hands on experience within a Rail environment & you will be a collaborator by nature, have a passion for workplace health and safety with a willingness to learn and develop in a robust environment.
You will also have;
- A tertiary qualification in WHS with 5 years previous experience in the rail industry or a similar competency-based environment
- ICAM trained is essential and Cert IV in training and assessment would be highly desirable
- Internal WHS Auditor (Environmental Auditing advantageous) – Desirable
- Strong ability to interpret and apply relevant legislation - Acts, Regulations and Standards
- Ability to make recommendations that achieve continuous improvement
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with and build relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders whilst being able to apply excellent conflict resolution skills
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written with the ability to tailor your communication style to suit your audience
- Thorough knowledge of AS 4801, ISO 9001/14001, ISO31000
What we offer
When you join you will be part of an organisation that is delivering a simpler, faster and more connected journey for people living, working and visiting Adelaide.
You will also get;
- The opportunity to work on a project from the beginning and influence its success
- Competitive group remuneration and benefits
- Flexible work arrangements and a culture that values diversity and innovation, evolving with market changes and new technologies
How to Apply
If you want to be part of an organisation that appreciates the diversity and richness of its people and seeks to create inclusive environments that promote your talent and skills, please click the apply button and send in a copy of your resume and cover letter