|Job Type:||Full Time|
There's never been a better time to be at AGL
It's an extraordinary time for the energy sector. A time of complex challenges and unprecedented opportunities.
At AGL we have the scale, resources and ambition to take the lead and make real the possibilities the future holds. We're renewing and expanding our portfolio of sources and products to make them more sustainable, reliable, affordable and useful for all Australians.
That's what we call progress. To achieve it, we're bringing together people with unique stories, perspectives, and talent - and we need yours too.
At AGL, we believe progress is powered by our people. Let us empower you to make a positive difference and help bring progress to life.
About the Role
This role is an opportunity to establish a technical support leadership function in the development and implementation of new technologies, products and services associated with renewable energy.
Working at the cutting edge of "New Energy technology", these projects seek to develop and prove new business models that deliver value to AGL's customers in the emerging distributed energy resource ecosystem.
The technologies currently under development and evaluation include energy storage, new solar PV technologies, connected mobility solutions, digital monitoring and virtual power plants.
This role directly supports both the Technical Services and the Operations Fulfilment teams, taking responsibility for design, documentation and compliance of new equipment installations, development and trialing of new technologies, desktop evaluation and resolution of technical issues in the field, technical interpretation of site inspection reports and completion of project-based activities.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Support Technical Services and Operations Fulfilment through design, documentation and installation of energy storage, solar PV systems, mobility solutions, data monitoring and energy management systems
- Provide battery and solar product installation technical and sales support when required. This will extend to new technologies as they are added to the portfolio
- Technical interpretation of site inspection reports and installation requirements
- Technical writing of installation procedures, bill of materials and operation manuals for customer support
- Develop installation and support aspects of new products, technologies and capabilities to the extent required for Business as Usual (BAU) transition
You are a licenced A-grade Electrician with previous solar / battery installation experience; who is working to progress into Project Engineering within the dynamic growth sector of new energy technologies.
To be successful, you'll have:
- Current Electrical licence (A Grade) with experience in residential and commercial electrical installations (residential and/or commercial solar PV projects, battery storage, electro-technology or similar)
- Post-Trade Bachelor or Diploma of Engineering in electrical / electronics or related discipline - graduate or in progress - with exposure to solar PV industry, energy storage systems or similar, and developing knowledge of distributed solutions technology or equivalent, demonstrable experience
- CEC accreditation for, and hands-on experience with, design and installation of grid-connected solar systems is mandatory. Accreditation for, and experience with, grid-connected battery storage is highly desirable but not mandatory
- Demonstrable experience in delivery of engineering projects, capable of working on multiple projects in technical support roles, with potential to grow to leadership roles
- Strong stakeholder management capability, including managing expectations of internal and external customer focus and management of third-party contractors
- Detailed knowledge of national and state-based standards, regulations and DNSP requirements for embedded generators
Proudly Australian for more than 180 years, AGL operates a diverse generation portfolio supplying energy to 3.7 million customer accounts. We have a passionate belief in progress and a relentless determination to make things better for our communities, customers, employees, the Australian economy and our planet.
Our goal is to make energy simple, fair and transparent and we're continuing to innovate to enhance the lives of Australians now and into the future. It's an extraordinary time for the energy sector and we need extraordinary people to meet the challenges. We're bringing together people with unique stories, perspectives, and talent - and we need yours too. Let us empower you to make a positive difference and together we'll bring progress to life.
At AGL, we're committed to diversity and inclusion, so we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people.
Click the "Apply" button to submit your application.