Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
Temporary Flexible full-time
Tenure Period:until 30/06/2021
Possibility of Extension:Yes
$3,241.00 - $3,515.00 per fortnight
Strategy and Corporate Services
Human Capital Management
Midnight, Monday 6th April 2020
Current QFES and IGEM employees and volunteers must apply via their internal careers site
As a department our purpose is to help the community to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from the impact of fire and emergency events.
Comprising the Fire and Rescue Service, the Rural Fire Service and the State Emergency Service, Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) also supports other volunteer groups providing emergency response to Queenslanders.
QFES is one department with many services, many capabilities and many partners.
The Service Alignment Unit is responsible for the delivery of the Service Alignment Program through the provision of advice and support to key stakeholders with a focus on continuous improvement.
As a key member of the team the Business Analyst is responsible for the research, analysis and interpretation of complex workforce information to support the Safe Crewing Task Force, and the implementation of business improvement initiatives in the Service Alignment Program.
Highly desirable requirements
- Knowledge of and/or experience in workforce modelling and rostering principles and practices.
- Experience in the interpretation and application of industrial instruments in a complex environment.
- Experience with business process modelling and other relevant methodologies.
Your part in the ongoing success of our department, in supporting frontline services will see you responsible for a variety of work, including, but not limited to:
- Undertake research and analysis to identify and report on workforce information across QFES business units and functions.
- Gather, document and seek confirmation of, or agreement to business requirements.
- Conduct cost/benefit analysis and both benefits measurement and tracking for key projects.
- Establish and maintain effective networks and relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of strategic business improvement initiatives.
- Prepare complex correspondence, reports and briefing notes on a range of issues to support strategic objectives.
- Work under limited supervision using a high level of initiative to resolve issues, deliver practical solutions and disseminate information which supports business outcomes.
To determine your suitability for the role, you will be assessed on the following Leadership Competencies for Queensland behavioural profiles that link to the "key accountabilities" for this role:
Leadership Competencies Stream – Individual Contributor (leading self)
- Leads strategically
- Makes insightful decisions
- Builds enduring relationships
- Drives accountability and outcomes
- Fosters healthy and inclusive workplaces
- Demonstrates sound governance
Want more information?
Please contact Sam Anstee, Principal Advisor on phone 0438 786 859 or email Sam.Anstee@qfes.qld.gov.au.
You can also visit our website to find out more about our organisation.
How to apply
Please refer to the QFES Public Service Application Guide for information on how to apply for this role.