|Job Type:||Full Time|
Job Title: Senior Technical Support Engineer
Location(s): Sydney, Australia
This position reports to: Manager, Technical Support
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging you to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
- The Senior Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for managing and resolving the most challenging issues for the ServiceNow Technical Support team focusing on ServiceNow Technologies. This includes being the last point of escalation within the technical support department and mentoring junior team members in the various technologies.
- The successful candidate will be able to quickly gain an understanding of the ServiceNow platform. This is a customer-facing role and therefore it requires strong inter-personal skills in addition to strong technical skills. The Technical Support Engineer must able to work outside of normal business hours (evening/weekend shifts, holidays) as needed.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot technical issues and understand the problem statement
- Working knowledge of the components in cloud/web applications
- Good experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Oracle)
- Basic experience administering Linux/Unix OR Microsoft Server
- Good experience writing or debugging Object Oriented code (Java preferred, other relevant technologies ok)
- Understanding of remote administration via SSH, SNMP, WMI, Powershell
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate solutions to technical problems
- Ability to multi-task and work with high-value customer administrators and developers.
- Should be a team player working efficiently in a collaborative environment
- Strong personal commitment to quality and customer service
- Proven ability to maintain a professional demeanor when handling complex user issues (difficult customers)
- Must be an Australian resident or a citizens to apply.
- Experience working with the ServiceNow Platform
- A fundamental understanding of ITSM, ITIL, or CMDB
- Advanced MySQL or Oracle experience
- Experience diagnosing performance degradation
- Understanding of remote administration via SSH, SNMP, WMI, Powershell.
- Experience providing SaaS support
- The ideal candidate is a college graduate with a Computer Science degree or equivalent.
- 5+ years providing customer facing technical support (Web based products or e-commerce preferred)
- Strong interpersonal communication skills are essential.
- Candidates with lesser experience will be considered for appropriate roles.
Those we hire will be trained and mentored in these technologies as appropriate by our senior staff and will work to support a growing base of customers globally. Successful candidates will enjoy a generous earning potential and the chance to expand their role in the company as we grow.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.