|Job Type:||Full Time|
Staff Software Engineer - Monitoring
Cloud Platform Development| Sydney, Australia
ServiceNow is the industry-leading cloud platform provider for building enterprise applications. Our cloud platform allows enterprise IT to bring together business strategy, application design and operations in a powerfully simple solution. We're a fast-growing company and offer huge potential for the talented individuals who join our team.
Sitting in the center of our development environment, the Cloud Platform Development team is building the core platform-as-a-service (PaaS) technology that is the driving force for all applications built by ServiceNow and our enterprise IT customers. We are laser-focused on building an innovative, scalable and feature-rich PaaS for all enterprise applications.
We are building the cloud service that hundreds of companies such as CERN, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Equinix, Harrods, Juniper Networks, Kimberly-Clark, REI, Sephora and Staples depend on everyday to accelerate their company forward.
We employ the brightest and most forward-thinking cloud platform developers on the planet. We have offices in Kirkland, San Diego, San Francisco and Santa Clara and work as a distributed team.
Come join the team and make your mark on the cloud platform for enterprise applications!
As a Staff Software Engineer you will be a member of a team that is responsible for building and integrating software components that acquire, correlate, aggregate, analyze, store and visualize enormous amounts of data regarding the health and performance of our cloud and underlying services and infrastructure.
The ideal candidate should have a strong background in software development, systems architecture and engineering, understanding of the components of software infrastructure, including hardware platforms, OS, virtualization, application, databases, web and application servers. Prior experience in software development/engineering, release management/devops and managing large-scale server infrastructure distributed is highly desirable.
- 8+ years strong programming experience using Java/Python languages.
- Strong hands-on experience with Operating System (Linux preferably) using multi-processes, IPC mechanisms, multi-threading, filesystems etc.
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Experience with building distributed systems with HA capabilities.
- Experience with open-sourced time series databases like InfluxDB, Prometheus and visualization software like Grafana is a big plus
- This position requires the Base Line Security Clearance. If offered employment, you must be willing to complete and successfully pass the adjudication process. Any employment is contingent upon obtaining the required adjudication.
Due to the nature of work related to this position, employee will be required to obtain a Federal Government Clearance. The minimum requirement to obtain this clearance is to be an Australia citizen.