|Job Type:||Full Time|
The mission of the Developer Relations team is to win the hearts and minds of Developers through authenticity, community and technical engagement. The Cloud Developer Advocacy team is first and foremost pivoted on enabling a healthy ecosystem for technical communities to create and build things in the cloud. As a Cloud Developer Advocate Learn member, you’ll be instrumental in building a large and vibrant community for Microsoft Learn, Azure, Visual Studio, GitHub and Teams via Students & Educators. You’ll build and nurture great relationships with Students & Educators in your local city/area and online, create amazing samples and content, and will be focused on winning the hearts and minds of Students & Educators at scale. We believe in helping first, selling last.
- Build & support on-campus student communities who are passionate about technology as you are.
- Coach with technical, leadership and advocacy skills to our Student & Educator Ambassadors who are on campus.
- Build long-term relationships with faculty teaching cloud-based technologies by running workshops, meeting 1-on-1, or engaging in faculty activities on campus and encouraging them to join the Educator Ambassador program.
- Be a Microsoft presence on campus mentoring at hackathons, guest speaking at Student Ambassador-led workshops and helping Educator Ambassadors integrate technical content into the curriculum.
- Provide relevant & timely product feedback gathered through students, educators, and your own research & content-building efforts.
- Be a quick learner of new technologies that are of interest to student developers and educators and creating content that will be of interest to this audience.
- Being a supporter and ally of diversity & inclusion.
- 2+ years of experience or equivalent in development role.
- Good presentation skills in front of technical audiences.
- Willing to travel locally and globally as needed for the role, up to 25% - but based on location. Most travel should be local.
- A self-starter that can manage and prioritize initiatives based on goals set for the team.
- Must speak language proficiently that is native to the location.
- A good balance of deeply technical and able to engage with communities.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.