|Job Type:||Full Time|
CPB Contractors is the CIMIC Group's construction company and a leading international construction contractor, with operations across Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea.
Combining the expertise and track record formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, we deliver projects spanning all key sectors of the construction industry, including roads, rail, tunnelling, defence and building.
Our Mission is to generate sustainable returns for our shareholders by delivering projects for our clients, while providing safe, rewarding and fulfilling careers for our people.
We need people who are talented, motivated and disciplined, and who have a strong work ethic that drives them to succeed.
About the Project
The Monash Freeway is in Melbourne’s fast growing south east and outer south-east region and the $761M design and construct project will expand the Monash from eight to 10 lanes slashing nearly ten minutes off the morning peak hour commute and better connect the Monash to Eastlink.
Works include the addition of 36 kilometres of new lanes to the Monash Freeway, upgrading the Beaconsfield interchange with new freeway ramps, the extension and widening of O’Shea Road and the roll out of the Freeway Lane Management System to better manage traffic flows.
Construction is scheduled to start in early 2020 and be completed in 2022.
The Monash Freeway Upgrade is committed to maximising the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity. To achieve this, we are focused on:
- Embedding flexible work practices
- Providing development opportunities for our people
- Leaders championing and supporting our people to succeed
- Actively looking to attract and promote from within and putting support structures in place to help them succeed.
We are currently seeking applications from experienced accounts professionals to undertake the position of Accounts Payable Officer . As Accounts Payable Officer, your primary responsibility will be the timely and accurate data entry of all invoices into JDE. The role must ensure that efficiencies are met to ensure work volumes are managed to deliver consistent, high quality customer outcomes across the project.
As Accounts Payable Officer, you will be accountable for:
- Assisting with process reviews in Accounts Payable with a view to standardise and improve tasks such as identifying rework root causes and reduction in rework and error minimisation
- Raising purchase orders and supplier reconciliations
- Assisting with internal and external audit process
- Liaising with internal stakeholders to seek approvals and investigate and resolve queries
- Integrate the activities of the department into JDE
Requirements for this role are:
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience in a similar role in the construction industry working on large civil infrastructure projects
- Working knowledge of JDE (essential), Teambinder and Power BI (highly desirable)
- Experience in a high-volume transactional team
- Understanding of financial systems, principles and processes
- Confidence and ability to liaise with all levels of professionals
- Sounds communication skills both written and verbal
- Effective problem-solving techniques and skills
- Effective time management skills and planning including sequencing of work, of own and resource time management
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please apply.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.