|Job Type:||Full Time|
CPB Contractors is a leading international construction company and a member of the CIMIC Group.
We combine the construction track record and expertise formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, and we also include the people and projects of Leighton Asia.
In conjunction with our clients and partners, CPB Contractors is delivering important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction industry, meaning we offer significant and diverse work opportunities.
We are building on the strong foundations of our unique history to create a successful and sustainable future. Safely delivering next-generation infrastructure that better connects people and transforms communities is at the heart of what we do.
Parramatta Light Rail Stage 1 is a design and construct Rail project based in the Western Suburbs at a value of approximately $840M. The project will connect Westmead to Carlingford via the Parramatta CBD and Camellia with a 12-kilometre, two-way track. This 50:50 joint venture with Downer includes construction of Light rail track, roadworks and stop platforms, Transport interchanges at Westmead, Parramatta CBD and Carlingford; and new light rail and pedestrian zones along Church and Macquarie Streets in the Parramatta CBD, and urban design.
Reporting to the Senior Commercial Manager, the Project Counsel will work within the project team and be accountable for:
- Providing independent front-end and back-end construction advice throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Preparing, reviewing and negotiating various commercial arrangements (including head contract notices, letters and claims, downstream subcontracts, supply agreements, leases, licences, loan agreements, confidentiality agreements, bonds and guarantees, correspondence)
- Identifying key project risks and preparing appropriate solutions to manage/mitigate risks
- Managing and providing instructions to external lawyers
- Providing training to other project personnel dealing with contracts and legal matters;
- Implementing corporate policies and procedures, including internal approval processes
Our minimum requirements for this role are:
- Practising lawyer with 6+ years' post qualification experience in a strong construction/projects focussed practice, ideally with hands on experience in-house in the delivery of major infrastructure projects including integrated commercial and infrastructure developments.
- Familiarity with structures and commercial frameworks for major infrastructure projects and a broad range of construction contracts prevalent in the local market
- Sound knowledge of current and emerging governance and regulatory issues relevant to the construction industry
- Strong legal drafting and negotiation skills
- Ability to work autonomously in a dynamic environment to support the project team in managing and mitigating project risks as and when they arise
- Ability to communicate complex concepts clearly to all levels of project personnel and stakeholders
- Commercial acumen
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.