|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success
Our Splunk Family in Australia/ New Zealand are a results focused and collaborative bunch spanning functions across sales, customer success, support, marketing and G&A functions. We love to work as a team, celebrate success and learn from our losses. We have a great team culture with weekly team breakfasts, cocktail hour Fridays, end of quarter celebrations, volunteering activities and a culture based on respect, transparency and always doing the right thing!
Splunk is seeking a highly motivated, inherently curious, results oriented Sales Engineer to join our dynamic team. You will partner closely with Splunk’s direct Sales Team on all aspects of opportunity development and technical selling across Splunk’s entire product and solution portfolio within the region. You will be the primary technical advisor for your customers, and their technical advocate within Splunk.
- Ability to demonstrate Splunk products and services to customers on site, remotely via webinar sessions, and at field events such as conferences and trade shows.
- Experience responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs is also important.
- Self-motivated with a consistent track record in technical software sales and knowledge of technology.
- Strong ability to collaborate and dynamic presentation skills and ability to communicate clearly to emails and RFPs when submitting reports.
- Ability to be organized and analytical, and will be able to eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
- Comfortable working for a dynamic technical organization with a fast growing customer base.
- Deliver and manage Proof of Concept (PoC) engagements to a success outcome”
- IMPORTANT:We can teach you the technology, coach you on soft skills and educate you on processes. You should have a strong sense ofself-motivation, aninsatiablecuriosityabout what “is possible” with technology, the desire to work with anawesometeamand apositive,fun-lovingattitude.
- 5+ years related experience in selling and supporting software products to IT organizations.
- Knowledge of virtualization (VMware/Citrix/Hyper-V).
- Network Administration/Architecture/Management Knowledge.
- Unix/Windows – Administration Experience.
- Domain expertise with IT operations, security or compliance.
- Familiar with Computer Programming - C/C++, Shell, Perl, Python Programming.
- Knowledge of “Big data” technologies (Map-Reduce, Hadoop, HBase, Cloudera, Cassandra) a plus.
- Comfortable approaching total strangers and quickly extracting technical know-how from them.
- Should be available to travel to visit prospects and customers in the central region.
- Desire to learn, grow and be a part of our team
Bachelor's of Science degree or substantial relevant on the job experience. We’ll break the rules if you’re awesome. Liberal Arts majors/minors are great to see. We love individuals with a broad range of interests; art, science, research, writing, music, whatever you’re into.
- Current Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader SIEM
- Named one of the “Best Places to Work” 10 years running
- Named in LinkedIn’s “Top Companies 2019: Where the U.S. wants to work now”
- Named in Deloitte Technology Fast 500 - 2018
- Named in Forbes 2018 World’s Best Employers
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.