|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Embrace your inner geek within a team of incredible technologists at Splunk!
We are looking for our newest Senior Sales Engineer for the Splunk family in Sydney. This person will help our strategic customers harness the full value of our platform. You will have a passion for driving growth and adoption with our customers by demonstrating Splunk's ability to bring data to everything.
Responsibilities: I want to (and can) do that
- Demonstrate Splunk products and services to customers on site, remotely via webinar sessions, and at field events such as conferences and trade shows.
- Lead or participate in discovery calls/conversations with prospects (autonomously or in collaboration with your sales counterpart) to discover and/or validate opportunities.
- Establish and develop positive relationships throughout the sales cycle
- Visit prospects and customers/partners, and engage in onsite customer work in the form of ‘Proof of Value/Concept’ when required.
- Answer complex technical inquiries and address customer concerns to drive successful outcomes.
Requirements: I have done (and can) do that
- Understand each customers' business, operations and industry including the strategic business and technology goals.
- Demonstrate how Splunk’s solutions can provide capabilities and benefits to address the client’s business needs.
- Ability to be organized and analytical as well as creative and adaptive
- Desire to work for a dynamic technical organization with a fast-growing customer base.
- Work with peers and cross functional teams to develop and continually improve working practices and processes
- Work with complex application environments, with the ability to understand relevant sources of machine data, such as performance logs, application logs, audit logs, security data sources, network centric data, etc
- Hands on skills with operating systems like UNIX, Linux or Windows.
- Experience and hands-on skills with scripting languages such as Python and Perl, as well as with regular expression (RegEx) pattern matching would be an advantage
- Familiar with other open source technologies, search engine technologies and query languages.
- 5+ years of Presales experience working for an Enterprise Vendor is preferred
If this sounds like you, come and join us at Splunk. Not only will you be rewarded with a fun, passionate, and disruptive environment, in a tech company experiencing exceptional growth, you'll also get free breakfasts, lunches, Friday drinks, snacks, healthcare benefits, parking, and all the free black t shirts you can carry. Apply now and start your Splunk Life.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.