|Job Type:||Full Time|
- ASX100 Global manufacturer and marketer of commercial explosives, fertilisers and industrial explosives
- Partner with the business to add value through the continuous improvement of training content, delivery and assessment
- FIFO from Perth | 8&6 roster | Permanent Opportunity
Incitec Pivot Limited (IPL) and its subsidiary company Dyno Nobel, is a diversified industrial chemicals company that manufactures and distributes industrial explosives, industrial chemicals and fertilisers. We provide ground breaking solutions through practical innovation in the mining services and agriculture industry. The group comprises more than 5,000 people across the sales, commercial operations and manufacturing footprint globally, including the key mining markets in North America, Asia Pacific, South Africa and South America.
Reporting to the Trainer Assessor Team Lead, the Trainer and Assessor will actively partner with dedicated departments to plan, develop, deliver, assess and monitor technical training for Plants & Operations. This role partners with the business to build rapport and relationships with a broad range of people, interacts in a consultative manner and influences stakeholders to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes.
The essential functions of the Trainer and Assessor include, but not limited to:
- Identification and development of training needs for employees & contractors, including the Learning Management System, standards and legislative requirements, customer and site requirements, with outcomes from the Zero Harm Committee,
- Provide expertise in operations and asset care requirements by ensuring industry best practice is adopted, and all employees and contractors are trained and assessed against these strategies,
- Conduct all training and assessment across a variety of programs including Operations Certificate Vocational Educational Programs, HSE Global and DNAP Programs, Safety Critical and Technical Training, Explosives Management Systems to align DNAP standards,
- Continuously improve training relationships with all stakeholders, proactively provide support and training services to keep the site productive, employees and contractors competent and compliant and aligned to contractual agreements.
You will have the ability to work across multiple sites, and effectively prioritise workload and conflicting deadlines, along with the ability to train across multiple competencies including, but not limited to MPU, Plant, Blast, Asset Care, Engineering & HSE. You will also have
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment required (Preferably TAE40116)
- Heavy Rigid Drivers Licence
- RIIBLA203 Conduct Mobile Mixing of Explosives
- RIIBLA205 Store Handle & Transport Explosives
- 5 Years minimum experience in Blasting and Mining services
- Dangerous Good Security Clearance
- Competent facilitator with demonstrated skills and experience to engage learners through varied learning strategies and methods
- Knowledge of relevant operational regulatory and legislative requirements
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, along with excellent planning and prioritisation
A little more about us
At the heart of Incitec Pivot and Dyno Nobel’s culture is business excellence and we seek like-minded individuals who treat the business as their own and who strive to challenge and improve the status quo, focusing on improving productivity whilst maintaining zero harm for everyone, everywhere.
The culture of safety is paramount, and you will always play an integral part in promoting Health Safety & Environment (HSE) procedures to ensure Zero Harm . You will also be familiar with modern safety practices as well as have the ability to pass a pre-employment medical assessment (including a drug and alcohol screen).
We support diversity in the workplace; women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Dyno Nobel, IPF and Incitec Pivot Limited is a proud member of the Diversity Council of Australia and Male Champions of Change and holds a State Chair position on the National Association of Women in Operations.