|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Utilise your defence logistics expertise in this rare and rewarding role
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Stocktake Officer in our team, based at Williamtown, New South Wales.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Spares Planning Manager, as the Stocktake Officer, you will be responsible for managing the Supply Customer Account (SCA), to ensure compliance with Defence policy on stock administration, and adherence to the Electronic Supply Chain Manual (ESCM).
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Perform stocktake management
- Complete Disposal of Defence Assets
- Execute SCA Item Management, and manage the Commonwealth inventory – applicable to Hawk 127
- Carry out cataloguing and codification
- Adhere to business processes in accordance with the ESCM policy
- Assist with Commonwealth assurance checks
- Assist with the management of obsolete assets
- Assist with the management of Commonwealth governance and planning
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- A degree qualification in a material logistics operation or related discipline, or demonstrated previous experience working within a defence environment, along with an understanding of aeronautical item acceptance, management and disposal – essential
- Knowledge of MILIS data management and stocktaking, including cataloguing and codification
- An ability to interact effectively with colleagues within and outside your immediate team, to implement business requirements
- Well-developed self-management skills and demonstrated ability to work under your own initiative
- An ability use good written and verbal communication skills is crucial to this role
- Intermediate MS Office skills, especially in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Sally Porter – Talent Acquisition Specialist – Professionals, and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.