|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Senior DevOps Engineer role is a key multi-skilled role responsible for ensuring that applications are designed, developed, deployed and maintained in alignment with infrastructure capabilities and operational considerations. It requires collaboration with a large set of stakeholders across Infrastructure, Architecture and Development to ensure applications run smoothly and are scalable in meeting transaction growth.
It is a hands-on, multi-skilled role that touches application lifecycle management, architecture, technical design, application development, technical testing and infrastructure competencies.
What are you going to do?
- Acting as a key liaison between delivery and infrastructure operations teams
- Building, integrating and maintaining tools, applications and infrastructure that support development and testing
- Creating new tools to support applications monitoring integration and delivery
- Maintaining application configuration management repositories and enhancing configuration management capabilities
- Increasing automation footprint by constantly reviewing existing practices and processes and automating them where practical
- Supporting production deployment and disaster recovery capabilities
- Driving Continuous Improvement by extending automation across the software delivery, infrastructure and operations practices
- Sharing knowledge and expertise and help uplift the capabilities and skills across various teams
What are we looking for? Someone who has…
- At least 2 years of DevOps experience
- Good experience in Ansible and Python automation
- Good experience in Container platform
- Hands on experience with Windows Systems Administration and/or Linux Administration.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in software builds and packaging - TFS, Jenkins, GIT, GITFlow etc.
- Strong experience with infrastructure automation
- Strong knowledge of Network protocols and methods including Ethernet switching, TCP/IP, DNS, SNMP
- Hands on experience/good working knowledge of virtualization technologies - Hyper-V, VMWare environments, service based cloud models – i.e. IaaS, PaaS, SaaS etc.
- Strong working knowledge of large-scale internet service architecture concepts such as load balancing, AppFabric, LAMP, CDN's etc.
- Desirable Knowledge
- Good knowledge in Kafka and/or PING
At ING, we want to make life simpler and more worthwhile - for everyone who banks with us, for the people who work with us, and the community at large, too.
When you come to work at ING, you're joining a team where individuality isn't just accepted, it's encouraged. We've built a culture that's fun, friendly and supportive - it's the kind of place where you can be yourself and make the most of whatever you have to offer.
We give people the freedom to take risks, think differently, take ownership of their work, and make great things happen. We're here to help you get ahead. And with our global network, there's plenty of scope to take your career in new directions, perhaps even ones you've never considered.
People of all ages, sexual orientations, cultures and backgrounds are welcome to apply - likewise if you're living with a disability, or you have family or caring responsibilities.
Sound like the kind of place you'd feel at home? We'd love to hear from you.
(One last thing, ING operates a direct talent sourcing model. So no agency introductions, please.)