|Job Type:||Full Time|
Project & Fixed Assets Accounting Manager
The Project and Fixed Assets Accounting Manager is a key leader within Finance Shared Services (FSS) to own the End to End responsibility from once a project is approved, managed during its cycle and created in the Fixed Asset Register until the end of its project cycle. The role is also responsible for providing insights into the best use of data and information for the Fixed Assets Register to help support better decision making within the WOW Group
In this role you will provide the following:
End to end process ownership
- Lead across the WOW Group the design, development and ownership of the Project and Fixed Assets accounting process
- Ensure FSS become the Centre of Excellence for Project and Fixed Assets accounting
- Be the BU/SU interface and single point of contact for “cradle to grave” support once project approved
- Be the central communications point for the E2E process, changes, enhancements and developments
Data quality management, Project administration, controls, governance and insights
- Implement or operate systems to record and process accounting data using emerging technology where appropriate or feasible.
- Gather information for end-of-period accounting entries - and prepare estimates for adjustments to inter-company accounts.
- Verify, input and process routine financial accounting data within the accounting system using emerging technology where appropriate or feasible.
- Prepare and review reconciliations and other accounting controls.
- Ensure WOW group are 100% compliant in following accounting standards and related group policies for all transactions and events
- Prepare financial reports/statements for external stakeholders using appropriate technology.
Ongoing process improvement champion
- Ensure processes eliminate any manual effort across the end to end process of Project Accounting & Fixed Assets
Team and Culture
- Lead, coach and manage change
- Communication across multiple groups
- Work with other Finance Managers and the central / leadership team to ensure that there is a consistent “way of working” in place
- Work across Finance to implement best practices and improved ways of working, systems and process
- Provide leadership, coaching and mentoring to the FSS and wider Finance team
- Ensure compliance with all relevant company policies and procedures, industry codes of practice and all relevant legislation
- I care deeply – about my team, customers and community. I care about their well-being and the impact our business has on them.
- I listen and learn – when my customers, team or community speak and I listen with an open mind. I’m curious, and look for the opportunity to learn from others and I learn from my mistakes.
- I always do the right thing – Integrity is the foundation of everything I do. It’s shows my attitude, my actions and my interactions with my team, as well as the people and organisations outside of the business.
- Strategic management - Strategy Development & Planning: Works with relevant stakeholders to identify, develop and select strategic options for the Group
- Strategic Management - Project Management: Implements effective tools and practices to deliver outcomes on time, to budget, and in a collaborative manner.
- Commercial Insight - Analysis & Insights: Identifies and evaluates the impact of external events/trends on the operating activities and performance of the business.
- Financial Acumen - Business Planning: Ability to step back and see the "big picture" and review the final outcome for inconsistencies even within limited timeframes
- Finance Effectiveness - Continuous Improvement: Works to enable effective finance practices by ensuring the maintenance, enhancement or adoption of relevant systems to support any process improvements that are implemented.
- Strategic & Commercial Thinking - Commerciality: Makes and acts on complex commercial decisions, and coaches and guides others on doing so from both a customer, commercial and business perspective
- Business Partnering - Influencing & Negotiating: Has positive and constructive influence over the agenda, and is involved in key decisions from concept through to implementation
- Personal Effectiveness - Organising & Executing: Sets challenging medium- and long-term goals for team/area of responsibility in relation to business opportunities and the continual growth of Finance
- Agile & Growth Mindset - Innovative Thinking: Demonstrates courage to innovate and think creatively in order to improve productivity, engagement and organisational effectiveness end-to-end
- Previous management experience of Project Accounting and Fixed Assets function in a multi-functional team and / or experience in the retail or FMCG sectors desirable
- CA/CPA qualification
- Strong presentation and storyboarding skills
- Advanced leadership skills
- Advanced time management skills
- Advanced people coaching / mentoring and development skills
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to communicate complex financial information to a broad audience; able to make the complex simple
- Ability to prioritise team efforts to support business requirements
- Advanced experience using financial systems in a commercial environment e.g. Excel, Powerpoint
Grow with the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You