|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Legal qualification from a leading academic institution
- Ideally 10 + years experience with a top law firm coupled with tenure in an in-house role working for a multi-national corporation
- Experience in corporate M&A and PE essential i.e comfort working with financial transactions
- Confident team player who is highly collaborative and flexible
- Keen ability to influence, and disagree when necessary
- Ability to work independently, and develop relationships and network
- Strong business judgment and experience in a challenging, fast-paced, dynamic organization
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
Who you'll work with
You will be based in either Sydney or Melbourne and will be part of the global legal team. You will report to the Deputy General Counsel and Head of Legal - Asia. You will work closely with the Managing Counsel and Associate General Counsels across the region as well as counterparts in the US.
Our legal department is a diverse and dynamic team, with approximately 60 lawyers (with 30+ contract managers and 10+ paralegals) globally. We provide comprehensive legal services and broad risk management support to our firm’s leadership, consultants and support staff throughout the world.
What you'll do
You will focus on developing, reviewing and negotiating contractual arrangements with the firm's clients, third parties and vendors, as well as identifying best practices to address legal and professional issues impacting the firm’s business.
Specifically, you are someone who has demonstrated skills and experience in providing legal advice in relation to non-standard and complex commercial contracts and arrangements. Working closely with the firm’s finance group, you will play a key role to help shape, structure, approve, and negotiate these arrangements, so previous experience in M&A and private equity will be a plus for this role.
In addition, you will be responsible for counselling consultants on a variety of other legal issues, including confidentiality, indemnity and compliance with McKinsey policies as well as giving support on new McKinsey initiatives relating to client arrangements.