|Job Type:||Full Time|
Urban Utilities is doing things differently, including with safety. We are building a future that delivers innovative safety solutions in the water and wastewater environment to ensure that our customers have access to clean, sustainable and reliable water. Whether you’re running a bath or making a cuppa, watering the grass or flushing the loo, Urban Utilities has contributed to making that happen. We are passionate about creating a contemporary, evidenced-based safety approach and we partner with some of the world’s best thought leaders in safety to help challenge our thinking. You can get a taste of our safety journey by watching our Doing Safety Differently documentary.
Our People and Safety team have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and passionate H&S Professional to join them on a full time permanent basis. This role will see you use your influencing, mentoring and relationship building skills, as well as applying your knowledge of safe and sustainable construction work practices to drive reliability and resilience in our Capital Delivery projects and other areas within Urban Utilities.
In this role you will:
- Support the implementation of strategic objectives that supports Contractor safety excellence and the Urban Utilities H&S Strategy
- Conduct high level risk assessments of a wide range of projects, ensuring associated risks are addressed through H&S and project execution planning
- Champion the H&S assurance framework with your internal stakeholders
- Evaluate the effectiveness of current and future critical control measures that delivery partners have in place
- Assess incident investigations into H&S related events, and report on trends
- Train, coach, and mentor project managers to interpret, apply and identify systemic H&S improvements; and maintain a critical risk focus to ensure that projects are meeting performance expectations
- Build, maintain, and continually strengthen strong relationships with leaders, project managers and delivery partners
- Advance the safety culture of Urban Utilities and contractor safety through the application of Safety Differently/Safety-II/HOP principles and tools
To thrive in this role you will have a sound technical knowledge of, and experience with H&S practices, processes and cultural engagement. You will be solution oriented, with the ability to work both independently and as a team member; and to prioritise and multi-task. You'll need some demonstrated work experience (>3 years) as an H&S professional and if that is within construction, heavy industry or the resource sector it would be well regarded. Qualifications and experience in Health and Safety will ensure you are able to provide sound technical advice on a broad range of H&S issues and activities. Experience with contractor management and how to build collaborative partnerships based on shared learning are essential.
As a H&S Partner, you will have a passion for how things work, and a curious and critical mind that seeks to understand how we ensure delivery of safe, reliable and sustainable outcomes as an organisation. Being a natural collaborator, your ability to foster positive relationships across all levels of the business that contribute to team performance will see you succeed. An understanding of Safety Differently and Safety-II principles will be advantageous as this forms the direction of Urban Utilities overall safety strategy and goals.
Whilst your technical expertise will give you the knowledge of how to assess, interpret and deliver on H&S strategies, you will be part of a dynamic professional team that is driving both cultural and operational change through innovation, collaboration, and leadership. We offer a flexible work environment, a work vehicle and excellent opportunities for professional development.
Please click the apply button to register your interest in this role.
Applications close on 5pm 31st March 2020. For any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org