|Location:||Aus - QLD Regional, Australia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Build a deeper capability
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today.
About the role
The Asset Operations Support Manager is responsible for managing our Mackay facility and working in conjunction with the central planning teams and Asset Operations Managers to co-ordinate critical asset management activities. This role will oversee the management of the Operations Maintenance Services (OMS) function in the Australia East Northern Region and provide support to all off site asset overhauls and warranty repairs.
In this role, you will:
- Liaise with the Australia East Northern Region – Asset Manager to ensure duties and objectives are relevant and support business objectives
- Ensure the Mackay facility and all business processes carried out are compliant with all environmental requirements and the safety management plan is accurate and up to date.
- Contribute to business development activities and collaborate with peers during pre-tender reviews
- Monitor capital and overhead expenditure within budgets and Thiess’ policies and procedures
- Ensure maintenance activities are carried out in accordance with Thiess’ policies and in alignment with the CIMIC procurement policy
- Conduct operations in accordance with the agreed plan and scheduling sequence
- Assist sites and Asset Operations Managers as required
The successful applicant will have a demonstrated ability to provide inspirational leadership in driving a high-performing team and championing an inclusive, values-based, client-focused performance culture.
You will possess:
- A Mechanical grade Certificate or a Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Certifications in hazard identification and risk management (highly desirable)
- Substantial experience in a mobile plant maintenance environment and previous experience in a management role
- Extensive knowledge of maintenance for CAT and Liebherr equipment
- Knowledge of project management structure plans and implications for project accountabilities
- Exposure to the open cut mining industry is highly desirable
General business acumen and adaptability to changing operational situations will strongly benefit you in this role. You will have strong communication and customer services skills with a focus on boosting business productivity.
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we’ve operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We’re focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Visit our website to learn more – http://www.thiess.com
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button or the link below.