|Job Type:||Full Time|
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Product Security Engineer with our Security Engineering team based at our Edinburgh Parks office in South Australia.
About the Opportunity
The Product Security Engineer will assist in the development of the BAE Systems Australia security capability to provide system security related advice and services in relation to High Frequency Systems product security accreditation and other BAE Systems projects and business areas that may also have a requirement to understand and implement system security activities.
This position would best suit an experienced Systems Engineer that has previously been involved in completing a security accreditation process within defence and who has the knowledge and experience to both lead and drive the delivery of this the process.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Providing technical leadership with regard to system security aspects of any services or design solution.
- Conducting security risk assessments at a system level and identification of system security requirements.
- Developing system security management and compliance plans.
- Running workshops with stakeholders.
- Leading the development of the subsystem security requirements, and working closely with Product Architects, Subject Matter Experts, Engineers and Business Analysts to develop appropriate security solutions.
- Liaising with the HFS ICT Security Engineering team.
- Informing the HFS System Manager of any identified risks.
- Supporting system and facility security certification and accreditation.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- The ability to support the security accreditation program including writing security plans and running workshops with stakeholders
- Strong systems engineering experience throughout the lifecycle.
- Knowledge of commonly used Australian and Industry security standards and accreditation frameworks (eg. PSPF, DSPF, ISM, ISO 270001/2, NIST, HB167-20006, RMF, OWASP, CIS).
- Knowledge of industry products, tools and technologies for incorporation into technical solutions to achieve security outcomes.
- Practical experience in conducting security risk assessments at a system, and product level.
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- Ability to interpret and translate requirements into solution design and operational actions.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute and work in a cross-function team while ensuring specific responsibilities are achieved.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to suit a variety of different stakeholders.
- A high level of self-motivation, time management and organisational ability.
- Current Australian defence security clearance, min. level of NV1 (NV2 preferred).
As a defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a defence security clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Simeon Whitelake, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilize “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use Gmail, Aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.