|Job Type:||Full Time|
Remuneration/Benefit: (In accordance with Enterprise Agreement)
- Top 50 ASX listed organisations
- Australia’s largest rail freight operator
- Opportunity to coach and mentor future locomotive drivers
About the role:
This role will see you provide mentoring and coaching to Trainee Driver's and Locomotive Driver's within competency-based frameworks in order to safely meet business objectives.
- Motivating, instructing, mentoring, coaching and assessing drivers.
- Develop a supportive relationship with train drivers and supporting the training program objectives.
- Instruct and coach personnel in train management competencies, procedures and route competencies to high standards.
- Deliver and maintain training and assessment plans, required reports, learning documents, logbooks and check sheets.
- Perform fair assessments of personnel to high safety standards whilst utilising a range of upskilling methods to ensure competencies are maintained.
- Plan and organise competency and learning programs.
- Perform administrative duties including maintenance of required files and training records.
You are a natural teacher who has an encouraging and calm approach. You will be a self-starter who possesses the ability to give constructive advice.
- A certificate IV in Transport and Logistics (Rail Operations)- mandatory
- Hold a valid 'C' class driver's licence- mandatory
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
- Ability to train and give clear instructions.
- Ability to keep accurate records.
- Great communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Good organisational skills.
Successful external candidates may be subject to safety critical testing and a category one rail medical during the recruitment process, along with providing evidence of the units of competence successfully attained from the TLI 42615 Certificate IV in Transport and Logistics (Rail Operations).
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- As an endorsed WORK180 employer, you can view of policies and benefits here
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 50 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers
For more information on this position (reference 49339), please contact Jason on 08 9212 2568