|Job Type:||Full Time|
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Project Manager - ADM - 13 months Fixed Term Contract - Sydney
IBM is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, serving clients in 170 countries. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyse. How we engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation so there is no better place to launch your career.
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge. We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM. We are hiring.
We are currently recruiting Project Manager - ADM for a 13 months fixed term contract, based in Sydney.
The Application Development team is responsible for product development and enhancement of the client applications. As a System Delivery Manager your responsibilities include –
- Managing distributed teams across geographies in a Development & production support environment.
- Manage a project team in delivering a solution to the client using appropriate business measurements, terms and conditions for the project according to the project charter, project agreement or contract.
- To managing scope, cost, schedule, and contractual deliverables which includes applying techniques for planning, tracking, change control, and risk management.
- Managing all project resources, including subcontractors, and for establishing an effective communication plan with the project team and the client.
- To provide day to day direction to the project team and regular project status to the client.
- Assist in creating solutions for client and/or internal review.
- Experience and Knowledge of Agile and Scrum Process and coordinate with distributed teams.
- Participate in client meetings to communicate status or give demos.
- Preparing weekly status reports and present to clients.
- Manage Agile projects with experience and knowledge of Agile and Scrum Process and coordinate with distributed teams.
- 7+ Years of experience in IBM Mainframe Technologies.
- 9 years of experience in CORE Banking domain knowledge and experience.
- Managing distributed teams in Agile and SAFe methodology.
- 6+ years of experience in Project Management, managing multi location teams and on different technologies.
- 3+ years’ experience in Project Management, managing multi location teams in 24x7 production operations (L2 and L3 support) under strict SLAs.
- 5+ years of hands on experience on Project Management tools and methodology tools like preparing Gantt Chart, Project plans, Resource plans and Scheduling, Reporting, Timesheets, Collaboration, etc.
- 2+ years of work experience in JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communications and presentation skills.
- People Management activities of staffing, training, leading, motivating, inspiring and evaluating.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter business by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion. Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.