Applications are now open for the role of Risk Specialist, within our Risk team. This is a 2-year contract based in our Fortitude Valley office. As our Risk Specialist your role will be to help Urban Utilities mature our risk profile by implementing and ensuring continual improvement of our Risk Management Framework. You’ll also be delivering risk strategies and improvement programs.
In particular, the role will require you to:
- Develop and deliver risk strategies and associated programs of work
- Manage the implementation and improvement of the Risk Management Framework
- Coordinate risk workshops and assessments, including developing mitigation strategies, and advice and recommendations to management and staff in relation to risks across the business
- Support the management of day to day operational and responsive aspects of risk, including incident management and response
- Partner with business unit managers in the delivery of risk based business decisions and risk registers
This is a varied and interesting position that will offer real satisfaction on a daily basis. While this role will have you busy with solutions and challenges, it is important to enjoy some pressure situations and have a good sense of humour when things are not so serious. You’ll be joining an experienced team who have a great sense of fun.
We are looking for the following
- Formal qualifications or relevant experience in Risk Management
- Relevant experience in other disciplines such as Risk Management, Emergency / Disaster Management, Business Continuity, Business Management, Environment Management, Safety Management or Quality Management would be well regarded
- Significant in depth risk management work experience, ideally from heavy industry
At Urban Utilities, we believe that only by becoming better and more effective in what we do, we will become a Utility of the Future and achieve our purpose – to enrich quality of life.
We offer a flexible work environment that allows you to balance a purpose driven career with what is important to you outside of work.
Urban Utilities is doing things differently. We are building a future that delivers innovative solutions in the water and wastewater environment to ensure that our customers have access to clean, sustainable and reliable water. Whether you’re running a bath or making a cuppa, watering the grass or flushing the loo, Queensland Urban Utilities has contributed to making that happen. With a combined network that spans over 18,000 km of sewerage and water mains, we are passionate about how we do business.