|Job Type:||Full Time|
There's never been a better time to be at AGL
It's an extraordinary time for the energy sector. A time of complex challenges and unprecedented opportunities.
At AGL we have the scale, resources and ambition to take the lead and make real the possibilities the future holds. We're renewing and expanding our portfolio of sources and products to make them more sustainable, reliable, affordable and useful for all Australians.
That's what we call progress. To achieve it, we're bringing together people with unique stories, perspectives, and talent - and we need yours too.
At AGL, we believe progress is powered by our people. Let us empower you to make a positive difference and help bring progress to life.
About the Role
AGL have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Manager to lead the Asset Competency Team in the on-going development and implementation of good technical training and competency practices for AGL's Group Operations.
The team coordinates technical training across AGL's operational assets, while supporting assets to build and maintain good practice training systems and processes.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Develop and implement a Technical Competency Management strategy for Group Operations, working with relevant stakeholders from across the business
- Maintain the Group Operations Asset Competency Framework and Standard to set standards for good practice training systems
- Engage with key site-based stakeholder groups to:
- Build and maintain good practice technical training policies, processes and procedures
- Analyse training needs, in order to develop frameworks of business-critical technical skills
- Develop and implement training plans that are efficient and effective, utilising internal training and assessment resources to develop content, while managing 3rd party vendors
- Provide support to the development of the AGL Learning Management System, including evaluating and testing new functionality, checking data quality and assisting sites to implement new functionality
- Engage with industry and government to influence the development of relevant training packages, relevant training regulation and identify funding opportunities
We are seeking a proven leader, with significant experience in the management of technical training in complex, heavy industrial assets (eg: power generation / mining / manufacturing, or similar)
To be successful, you'll have:
- Significant experience working in large organisations in technical training or related system implementation, preferably managing a team of technical training professionals
- Relevant tertiary qualification, with a current Certificate 4 Training and Assessment preferred
- Experience in working with Australian VET qualifications and competency units
- Experience working in an industrial environment such as Mining, Energy, or Manufacturing
- Strong IT skills, particularly in relation to the use of Learning Management Systems, spread sheeting and development of visual and training presentation aids
Proudly Australian for more than 180 years, AGL operates a diverse generation portfolio supplying energy to 3.7 million customer accounts. We have a passionate belief in progress and a relentless determination to make things better for our communities, customers, employees, the Australian economy and our planet.
Our goal is to make energy simple, fair and transparent and we're continuing to innovate to enhance the lives of Australians now and into the future. It's an extraordinary time for the energy sector and we need extraordinary people to meet the challenges.
We're bringing together people with unique stories, perspectives, and talent - and we need yours too. Let us empower you to make a positive difference and together we'll bring progress to life.
At AGL all employees are encouraged to be themselves and to bring their whole selves to work every day. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, people living with disability, culturally and linguistically diverse people and people of the LGBTI+ community, including transgender, gender diverse, and intersex people. AGL has a commitment to maintain a diverse workforce, so welcomes the opportunity for applicants to share their lived experiences but recognises that some applicants may not wish to disclose, so that option is supported.
Click the "Apply" button to submit your application.