|Job Type:||Full Time|
Manager, Claims Quality Assurance
Work for an award winning company that values work/life balance!
Welcome to This Australian Life.
From the millions of Australians we protect, to those that make it happen every day at TAL, people really are what we’re all about.
TAL needs people who represent our diverse Australian community. People who embrace our spirit and inspire confidence in their colleagues, customers and community. People who are passionate about making the most of the choices and options we provide. People who do what’s right, aim high, and work smart.
About the Opportunity
This role will see you leading the Claims Quality Assurance team in the coordination and delivery of training to the TAL Claims team and key partners. This role is responsible for leading the Claims Quality Assurance team in the delivering quality assurance controls in relation to claim assessment in line with the TAL claims quality framework and risk management principle. You will be an advocate for risk management and continuous improvement by providing risk based detective controls and insights relating to claim assessment.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Implementation of the TAL Quality Assurance Framework in line with risk management principles.
- Coordination of all activities aligned to quality assurance, identification of key trends and associated periodic reporting obligations.
- Promoting a culture of risk management through constructive feedback and monitoring.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of quality assurance activities and practices to address key risks and critical processes.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of claims systems, controls and practices to ensure alignment to the claims philosophy, policies and risk principles.
- Maintaining relevant quality records as required.
- Managing processes and record keeping associated with the issuing of delegations of authority.
- Maintaining current knowledge of life insurance guidelines, processes and policy changes. Ensure that quality assurance practices reflect industry best practice and TAL processes and policies, providing clear communication of each of these in a simple and accurate manner to team members
- Liaising with the Claims Governance team and TAL Claims Team Managers, to ensure quality controls up to date and consistent with current policies.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- 3+ years’ experience working in claims quality assurance within the Life Insurance or related discipline in Financial Services/Insurance industry (or similar)
- Demonstrated understanding of life, trauma, Lump Sum (TPD), Disability and Income Protection claims assessment and management requirements.
- Demonstrated understanding of relevant regulatory and legal obligations impacting Life Insurance claim assessment..
- Demonstrated understanding of relevant regulatory and legal obligations impacting Life Insurance claim assessment.
Work is a big part of this Australian life, and we work hard to make it one of the best parts. We want our employees to work in ways that suits their life and the nature of their role, so they feel able to meet their work life commitments and support their wellbeing. Everyone’s welcome to work for us – regardless of their age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, intersex status or any disabilities they might be living with.
We know it’s the people we work with and experiences we share that make work meaningful and fulfilling, and we’d love for you to be part of it.
You don’t have to be an artist, adventurer, doer or dreamer, but it really helps.