|Job Type:||Full Time|
Manager, Claims Learning and Development
Be part of a company with a strong family focus!
Welcome to This Australian Life.
From the millions of Australians we protect, to those that make it happen every day at TAL, people really are what we’re all about.
TAL needs people who represent our diverse Australian community. People who embrace our spirit and inspire confidence in their colleagues, customers and community. People who are passionate about making the most of the choices and options we provide. People who do what’s right, aim high, and work smart.
About the Opportunity
This role will see you leading the Claims Learning & Development team and training the TAL Claims team and key partners. You will ensure adequate training is delivered to these partners to enable them to fully contribute to their team’s success. A key focus of this role is to ensure the Claims team has the required capabilities effectively manage claims and in line with the claims capability framework whilst delivering on TAL’s strategic priorities.
You role will include:
- Managing the Claims Learning team to make sure they perform and provide a consistent service to business operations.
- Implementation of the TAL Claims learning strategy and Capability Framework, with a focus on on-the-job learning and digital learning, supported by informal and formal classroom training (i.e. The 70:20:10 approach to training)
- Coordination of the delivery of the required training for all Claims teams, by either internal or external resources
- Internal development, or external sourcing, of claims-specific training material, utilising case studies, new/changed legislation, new/changed systems and process and other relevant material
- Supporting the delivery of technical training expertise, as required
- Evaluate effectiveness of implemented learning solutions (training) so that it aligns to the QA and accreditation frameworks
- Co-ordinating all the activities aligned to delivery of the required training, including management of registration and attendance to support reporting obligations
- In conjunction with TAL Team Managers assist with the drafting of the overarching principles of professional development plans for TAL Case Managers and external parties, as required (e.g. Super Partners/AustralianSuper).
- Where training required is outside the scope of the Claims Learning & Development team, liaising with the TAL People & Culture team in relation to sourcing solutions for development needs
- In conjunction with Claims Team Managers and Senior Case Managers, provide mentoring and coaching to new starters, as required
- In conjunction with People & Culture and the Claims Learning & Development Consultants, assist in the development and maintenance of career mapping and learning pathway framework for all roles within TAL Claims. This also includes ensuring that relevant learning records in relation to individual achievements against this framework are maintained, as required;
- Review and implementation improvements to policies, guidelines and procedures within the scope of responsibility and in line with best practice, legislative requirements and business strategy/goals.
- Maintaining current knowledge of life insurance guidelines, processes and policy changes. Ensure that current training materials reflects industry best practice and TAL processes and policies, providing clear communication of each of these in a simple and accurate manner to team members
- Liaise with the Claims Governance team, Technical Specialists and other stakeholder groups to ensure technical training materials are up to date and consistent with the current policies and Process Maps across the TAL Claims team
- Continuously reviewing Claims processes, capabilities and frameworks to seek out opportunities for improvement in the overall claims experience for customers.
- Prepare management information reports with relevant data/evidence to help business decision making.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- 5+ experience working in Learning & Development within Life Insurance or related discipline in Financial Services/Insurance industry (or similar)
- Detailed knowledge of specific Learning & Development processes and ability to translate knowledge and experience into recommendations for the business
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills, ability to work as a team member
- Bachelor of Education or Certificate IV Workplace Training and Assessment or similar
- Demonstrated understanding of life, trauma, Lump Sum (TPD), Disability and Income Protection claims assessment and management requirements.
- Demonstrated understanding of relevant regulatory and legal obligations impacting Life Insurance claim assessment.
Work is a big part of this Australian life, and we work hard to make it one of the best parts. We want our employees to work in ways that suits their life and the nature of their role, so they feel able to meet their work life commitments and support their wellbeing. Everyone’s welcome to work for us – regardless of their age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, intersex status or any disabilities they might be living with.
We know it’s the people we work with and experiences we share that make work meaningful and fulfilling, and we’d love for you to be part of it.
You don’t have to be an artist, adventurer, doer or dreamer, but it really helps.