|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences
- Commitment to ‘Flexibility’
- Consistently recognised as an employer of choice
KPMG Australia, through its Enterprise Division that focusses on servicing the mid-market, are looking for talented people with the potential to make an extraordinary difference for our clients, our firm and our communities
KPMG Australia is part of a global network providing extensive services across a wide range of industries and sectors. Our people collaborate, share their expertise and create innovation as we partner with clients to solve complex challenges, empower change, drive, disruption and growth. We look for talented people with the potential to make an extraordinary difference for our clients, our firm and our communities.
Who are we?
KPMG’s Brisbane External Audit Division is a specialist division of KPMG Australia, dedicated to advising clients ranging from large ASX listed entities to emerging, private and mid-market. We work with large corporate, government, established entrepreneurs, family businesses, not-for-profits, and fast-growing companies to build thriving organisations. By bringing our diverse expertise together, we give our clients the confidence to focus on the things that will truly make an impact and help them grow.
Why now and why us?
Every day we work with some of the most exciting, innovative and important businesses in Australia. We provide specialised services that enable our clients to focus on their growth journey, as they change the landscape of our economy. Our market is changing, our client’s needs are changing, and technology is making that change faster than ever before. Come and be part of this change and a dynamic, fast growing, market leading team who is passionately committed to helping our clients succeed in rising to this challenge.
About the team?
The nature of the work we do in Audit has an immediate impact on the lives of our clients. By sharing this journey, we create unique connections that offer endless opportunities to continue making a difference.
The Audit & Assurance team provides value to our clients through the delivery of specialised quality audit and assurance services. We collaborate with a broad range of clients including ASX listed, private company and family business sectors.
As an Assistant Manager you will:
- Develop an understanding of and apply KPMG’s Audit methodology and contribute to all stages of audit and assurance engagements including planning, testing, reporting and completion.
- Demonstrate technical knowledge of prevailing audit and accounting standards (including International Financial Reporting Standards) as well as accounting disclosures.
- Design and perform appropriate audit programs/procedures for engagements, performing substantive testing on significant accounts and testing controls under the KPMG Audit Methodology
- Prepare technical accounting reports and other management reports such as the Audit committee report, Management Letter, Reports of Factual Findings and Audit Reports.
- By developing an understanding of our Risk Management Framework and Audit Methodology, deliver accurate and high quality audit findings on engagements and also raises Risk awareness for junior team members.
- Act as an ‘in-charge’/manager; leading small teams and overseeing workflow and work quality as needed
- Keep the client informed of progress of the engagement, relevant findings and contributes to final Audit reporting. You will be Responsible for keeping the relevant KPMG Manager/Partner informed of engagement progress including identification of issues.
How are you Extraordinary
At KPMG, we believe diversity of thought, background and unique experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities.
You are someone with:
- External audit experience ideally from either a Big Four or mid-tier professional services firm
- Ideally completed your CA qualification or equivalent or be close to completion
- A client centric approach to your work with a keenness to understand your clients business
- Possess exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and you will be a team player
- Strong networking skills and ability to build relationships
The KPMG Difference
Our people are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics our people possess and we share and learn from each other.
We are proud to be consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and for our achievements in LGBT+ workplace inclusion.
Our commitment to ‘Flexibility’ allows our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal or family life. Explore the links below to hear our people share their experience @ KPMG:
Flexibility inspires technology & innovation
Flexibility supports family
Make KPMG the clear choice for your career and be Extraordinary!