|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Xero, we’re here to make running a business beautiful. By making small business more efficient every day, connecting them with big business technology and empowering a community behind them, their potential is limitless. When that happens, we’re not only helping small business, we’ll be building a stronger economy that can change the world.
How you’ll make an impact
As the Product Owner within our Standards & Education team, you will be responsible for executing on our product vision, strategy and roadmap. Working alongside a talented engineering pod, your skillful product leadership and management of the pod’s backlog will enable the pod to deliver compelling products and services that solve real problems for our customers.
What you’ll bring with you
- Proven experience championing strategic priorities and helping others relate to and align with it.
- Ideally, proven Product Ownership experience — with a toolbox of modern product discovery practices to draw upon.
- Ideally, proven experience using a range of metrics to monitor the success and health of products and services. Proven experience of making evidence-based decisions.
- A solid track record of addressing customer needs. Ideally, proven experience connecting teams closer with customers (and not just be a proxy for them).
- Ideally, proven experience advocating for/evangelising a product or service with customers and stakeholders.
- Proven experience leading a team through influencing and persuasion, without formal authority; and communicating meaningful direction.
- Proven ability to create clarity for a team — with an organised work style that is structured, rigorous and consistent.
- Ideally, proven experience working with innovative software development projects at scale.
What does success look like?
- You have a clear understanding of Xero’s strategic priorities and how your products and services align to it. You have articulated a compelling product vision that the pod pursues with missionary zeal. They know what’s important, how they are contributing, and why what they’re doing matters.
- Product, design and engineering are considered side-by-side: They are all involved in product discovery. Your skill in modern product discovery practices enables the pod to understand and use many experimental techniques.
- You and the pod actively seek out metrics to validate a hypothesis and measure results. You enable the pod to instrument their work so they immediately understand how their products are being used and ultimately whether customer and business value is being created.
- You have brought your customers and pod closer together: The pod obsesses over customers.They engage directly with them and get product ideas from observing customer struggles, and analyzing customer data.
- You have built healthy relationships with your stakeholders. Key stakeholders are involved in product discovery activities; and all stakeholders are updated appropriately on product releases and roadmaps.
- The boundaries of your products (what the pod owns, what they don’t, and even the grey areas) are articulated and understood inside and outside of the pod.
- You and the pod have built a compelling portfolio of products and services that your customers love to use.
At Xero, we encourage flexible working hours and arrangements that allow you to balance your life and passions. As part of our awesome package you’ll get Xero shares, Life Insurance and enhanced leave as well as a variety of other perks to make your time here that much more fun. Our facilities and PX teams work hard to give us great workspaces with all the tech company perks like a great social club and sports teams you can join, free fruit, soft drinks and espresso coffee, as well as video games, pool and ping pong tables.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and is Rainbow Tick accredited too.
If any of the above roles sound like you, apply now with your CV and Cover Letter telling us why you want to join the team!