|Job Type:||Full Time|
The largest shipbuilding endeavour in the nation's history has commenced in Australia.
ASC Shipbuilding, a subsidiary of BAE Systems Australia, has been contracted to deliver nine of the world most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates to the Royal Australian Navy.
The Hunter Class Frigate Program will create and sustain more than 5,000 jobs across BAE Systems and the wider Australian defence supply chain over the life of the program.
At ASC Shipbuilding we live a safety-first and inclusive culture. We ensure that the voices and talents of all employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging.
Apply your talent where it counts as a COMPUTER SYSTEMS ENGINEER in our ASC Shipbuilding team in ADELAIDE, CBD.
About the Opportunities:
In these two openings, the Computer Systems Engineers will form part of the team responsible for the delivery of the Hunter Class Shared Infrastructure (SI) System. The SI System is a ship-wide de-centralised common computing environment responsible for the hosting and execution of Combat Systems functions. Additional responsibilities include:
- Liaise with appropriate internal and external stakeholders to update and manage the SI System specification/s.
- Working with the SI System supplier, modify the existing SI System baseline architecture and design solution to incorporate agreed product changes whilst ensuring coherence with the agreed specification/s.
- Develop SI System interface documentation and enterprise level agreements across a range of hosted Combat Systems.
- Support the Physical Integration design by providing supplier equipment information and ensuring collaborative and comprehensive integration of the SI System within the broader Combat System.
- Liaise with the Safety and Security teams to ensure compliance to relevant regulations and requirements.
As an ideal applicant for these opportunities, you'll have:
- Relevant post graduate experience in a systems engineering role focussing on ICT Systems.
- Demonstrated experience acting as a technical liaison with suppliers.
- Experience working in a collaborative multi-disciplinary project team with a demonstrated ability to achieve desired outcomes.Good organisational, oral and written communication skills.
- Defence security clearance or eligibility to obtain.
- Eligibility to be cleared for International Traffic In Arms (ITAR) regulations.
- Formal degree level qualifications.
- Background in Naval Combat Systems would be advantageous.
As we continually build on our capability, we are also interested in applications from candidates that have varying levels of experience in similar roles, for future positions that may become available.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Matt Hart, Talent Acquisition Specialist - Engineering.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.