|Job Type:||Full Time|
AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our unique AIOps solution, you can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. Using AppDynamics, you’ll finally align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver flawless customer experiences at scale
About The Role
AppDynamics is seeking a Business Value Consultant (BVC) Manager. This is a hybrid role where you will lead a small team of BVC’s as well as delivering BVC solutions. The role is a critical client-facing role. Our BVC's work closely with the go-to-market organization (sales engineering and field sales, in particular) to help consult clients in defining potential business value improvements that our solutions can help achieve. Responsibilities of a BVC/BVC manager include
- As leader of the APAC BVC team this role sets the strategic direction for the group and ensures that it is communicated and followed by consultants across the APAC region.
- This role is required to govern and lead a small team of BVC’s supporting the regional sales force. Responsible for individual career planning and development, team development and hiring according to the dynamic needs of the sales organisation, and other administrative duties relative to team management.
- This role maintains positive relationships with counterparts in the Sales, Services, Support, Marketing and other organisations to ensure alignment of organisational activities and directions.
- Engaging onsite with clients to perform operational assessments of development, QA, and production operations processes and tools.
- Document gap analysis of clients’ current versus desired state, identifying specific opportunities for improvement using AppDynamics’ capabilities.
- Using in-depth business, technical, and financial analyses to understand the baseline and future capabilities of the client; as part of this analysis, align client strategic business and technical objectives with the required capabilities which AppDynamics provide.
- Build expert-level understanding and credibility around the IT Ops and Application Performance Management (APM) spaces, and apply this knowledge to differentiate our platform relative to contending solutions.
- Produce and present in-depth analysis and consult clients on the impact to business value that can be achieved.
- In collaboration with regional sales leadership, and other necessary GTM resources, operationalise a comprehensive and scalable customer engagement process.
- Play an active role in AppDynamics evolution of business value consulting team and methodology. We expect team members, whether individual contributors or leadership, to take a hands-on role in the continuous improvement of this outstanding BVC practice; specifically help lead and build Value Selling and Realisation processes, templates, and tools.
- Travel required up to 40%
- Full understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and industry experience in enterprise software a must; domain experience in IT Operations Management, DevOps, and/or application infrastructure (PaaS, Middleware, Big Data platforms, for example) strongly preferred.
- Understand highly complex IT environments and corresponding use cases; the ability to build out nuanced return on investment assessments, sales collateral, etc.
- Consultative personality to optimally facilitate interview sessions with a multifaceted set of partners; confirmed ability to communicate highly complex enterprise technology in simple terms and tailor a message to a variety of audiences (highly technical, business-side, executives).
- Enterprise Business and financial modeling experience
- Experience and effectiveness in addressing an executive level audience
- A mindset of continuous improvement; team-first approach and low ego
- Team lead/Management experience is a nice to have
Just a note
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward them to our website or to any AppDynamics employee. AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of AppDynamics.
AppDynamics is an and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. AppDynamics follows all, including those regarding consideration of qualified applicants with criminal histories (such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance). If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact. AppDynamics participates in.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.