|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Bring in your Systems Engineering experience to this key role for Hunter Class Frigate program
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
The largest shipbuilding endeavour in the nation's history has commenced in Australia.
ASC Shipbuilding, a subsidiary of BAE Systems Australia, has been contracted to deliver nine of the world most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates to the Royal Australian Navy.
The Hunter Class Frigate Program will create and sustain more than 5,000 jobs across BAE Systems and the wider Australian defence supply chain over the life of the program.
At ASC Shipbuilding we live a safety-first and inclusive culture. We ensure that the voices and talents of all employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging.
Apply your talent where it counts as a COMBAT SYSTEMS LAND BASED TEST SITE SYNTHETIC ENVIRONMENT ENGINEER in our ASC Shipbuilding team in ADELAIDE, SA.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Land Based Test Site (LBTS) Engineering Manager, you will:
- Be responsible for the design, implementation and delivery of the LBTS Synthetic Environment, simulation and integration tools required to enable Hunter Class Combat System integration and testing
- Assess Synthetic Environment needs, alternatives and obtain stakeholder agreement on the recommended solution
- Assess Combat System equipment simulators and validate their suitability to support initial combat system integration and testing in the LBTS
- Determine integration tool needs and acquire/develop/configure the required integration tools
- Act as the technical point of contact with customers, suppliers and other stakeholders on LBTS Synthetic Environment design, implementation and delivery matters, to resolve problems and issues and to maintain awareness in all parties of priorities and objectives
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience in the Technical Development, Systems Design and Systems Integration of complex engineering projects
- Familiarity with world environment simulation tools, distributed simulation systems and system modelling
- Sound knowledge Combat System equipment function and performance and the ability to translate that into simulation models
- Proven experience in Combat System integration tools and process
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Vinodh Sounder Rajan, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: Vinodh.firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.