- Production forecasting for future development and reserves classification
- Full-time permanent role
- Brisbane based
Working for us
At Origin we have a strong purpose and values that challenge us to find the answers to the big energy questions. Every person that works with us helps us reach that goal. If you bring good energy to Origin, you’ll get it in return. A challenging career. An exciting industry. And the support to grow and explore your potential.
Origin is continuing to invest in gas and condensate exploration and production, as well as developing and operating a world-class coal seam gas (CSG) production business, through Australia Pacific LNG. A leading producer of CSG in Queensland, with growing reserves and new gas exploration interests around Australia, we are seeking the right candidate to become part of the team that’s meeting growing demand for energy, and searching for tomorrow’s energy solutions.
This is a unique opportunity to join the Integrated Gas division based in Brisbane. Working with the Condabri, Talinga and Orana Asset, you’ll play a key role in conducting reservoir engineering activities, production forecasting to optimise development plans, assessing reserves and resources and providing guidance for long term operation decisions. Day to day your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Production forecasting of existing wells
- Reserves forecasts, classification and documentation for the assigned field
- Generating alternate production forecast for different development scenarios for future field optimisation
- Supporting and maintaining simulation models
- Managing Development Packages through the Deliver Wells process
IS THIS YOU?
You’ll need to have demonstrated ability to develop and maintain close working relationships across operation and technical teams. You must also hold qualifications in an engineering related subject with petroleum engineering being highly preferred.
Additionally, to be shortlisted you will have:
- Knowledge of other subsurface disciplines including geology, petrophysics, geophysics etc.
- Qualified Reserve and Resource Estimator (per the ASX guidelines)
- Technical knowledge of Reservoir Engineering with emphasis on CSG
- Working capability in reservoir simulation (Eclipse/Petrel RE) with experience in CSG modelling
- Knowledge and experience in production forecasting, material balance, well testing, pressure transient analysis, risk analysis and reserves estimation
- Thorough understanding of coal seam reservoir geology
- Experience with CSG Operator in Petroleum Engineering highly regarded
A great team to join
It's an exciting time to join Origin. Together we’re powering a cleaner, smarter energy future for Australia and beyond, always looking for better ways to deliver for our customers – and for our people.
Origin’s Integrated Gasbusiness plays a critical role in powering our future, as a leading gas producer for Australian and international markets. We’re also exploring for natural gas reserves to develop as a future energy source. We focus on being an efficient, low-cost operator of unconventional gas to meet the growing demand of high value gas and LNG customers in Australia and Asia. We need passionate and forward-thinking people to join us, who are committed to a zero-harm safety culture, managing risk and driving culture change.
Origin. Good energy
At Origin, our focus is on getting energy right for our customers, communities, and planet. Because we know it’s up to us to shape the future of energy. Today, we serve more than 4.2 million customers, are one of the most significant energy producers in the country and listed in the ASX Top 50 companies.
For more information contact: Jack Betton - 03 9652 5219, quote Requisition ID: 75276
Origin recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples as the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia, and we pay our respects to Elders past, present and future.
Here's a little about what makes us, us: www.originenergy.com.au/about/careers