|Job Type:||Full Time|
About CPBJH JV
CPBJH JV brings together two of Australia's leading construction partners, CPB Contractors and John Holland, with unparalleled expertise in large-scale and complex project management, civil construction, traffic management and tunnelling.
The West Gate Tunnel is a partnership between the Victorian Government and Transurban. The Joint Venture has been chosen as the preferred contractor for construction, which began in 2018.
About the Project
The West Gate Tunnel Project is a city-shaping project that will deliver a vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge, provide quicker and safer journeys, and remove thousands of trucks off residential streets. The project will include:
- Widening the West Gate Freeway from eight lanes to 12 between the M80 Ring Road and Williamstown Road;
- Building a 2.8km eastbound tunnel and a 4km westbound tunnel under Yarraville;
- Constructing a bridge over the Maribyrnong River providing an alternative to the West Gate Bridge;
- Constructing an elevated road along Footscray Road to the Port of Melbourne; and
- Major new cycling and pedestrian paths.
We are seeking an innovative and results-oriented Cost Engineer with proven experience to add expertise to our project controls team. The ideal candidate will have specific experience in supporting infrastructure construction projects in all aspects of projects controls, including, project change management, cost monitoring & control, progress measurement, analysing and reporting of project cost and progress information.
- Analyse project controls reports, present findings and provide recommendations to the project team.
- Delivering packaged cost management, driving budget and change controls, cost monitoring, along with progress and variance reporting
- Develop, implement and maintain internal cost reports, cash flows and forecasts
- Adhere, understand and apply the project Work Breakdown Structure to ensure all systems, processes and reporting reflect the standard approach on the project
- Strong focus on project change management (Trends and Scope Changes)
- Cost managing across engineering, procurement, subcontracts, construction and completion phases
- Maintain budget and forecasts
- Provide administrative support to the Commercial Manager
- Monitor Actual cost on a routine basis
- Deliver accurate, informative, well organised documentation
- Communicate effectively with project stakeholders to identify project status
- Perform periodic Earned Value Analysis, tracking Actual value against Planned Value & Earned Value
- Monitor, track and challenge change order requests, process change order approvals and update registers
- Assisting with maintaining project controls plan and specific project procedures
- 5 years’ + experience as a Cost Engineer supporting engineering or construction infrastructure projects
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent experience
- You need experience setting up cost budgets and forecasting on projects
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Must be an advanced user of MS excel
- Experience with JDE and FPM is highly desirable
CPBJH JV is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and actively seeks to remove barriers people may face in gaining a successful position on the West Gate Tunnel Project. We value diversity in our team and people who share our values of authenticity, respect and excellence are encouraged to apply.