|Job Type:||Full Time|
CPB Contractors is the CIMIC Group's construction company and a leading international construction contractor, with operations across Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea.
Combining the expertise and track record formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, we deliver projects spanning all key sectors of the construction industry, including roads, rail, tunnelling, defence and building.
Our Mission is to generate sustainable returns for our shareholders by delivering projects for our clients, while providing safe, rewarding and fulfilling careers for our people.
We need people who are talented, motivated and disciplined, and who have a strong work ethic that drives them to succeed.
About the Project
The M80 Ring Road Upgrade is a $331 million investment to upgrade the 4 kilometre section between Sydney Road and Edgars Road.
The upgrade will include the widening and realignment of ramps, the construction of additional lanes, structural works, installation of a smart freeway management system, street lighting, traffic barriers, noise walls and landscaping.
When complete, the M80 Ring Road upgrade will provide more reliable connections to major freeways and interstate links including the Hume Highway, future North East Link, Princes and West Gate Freeways and the future West Gate Tunnel.
Construction is expected to begin in early 2020 and the project is due for completion by early 2023.
The Traffic Drafter will be responsible for preparing traffic guidance schemes in RapidPlan and manage the permit submission and approval process with the relevant road authorities.
As Traffic Drafter, you will be accountable for:
- Preparing short term traffic management drawings in a timely and efficient manner to meet project timeframes
- Developing a high level of personnel technical knowledge of traffic management standard and drafting practices
- Ensuring traffic management files are kept in accordance with project drafting standards where applicable and current industry practise
- Ensuring that all short term traffic management drawings meet or exceed design standards
- Provide timely, efficient advice to assist in construction of Project Works
- Managing the traffic management plan submission and approval process with the relevant road authority
Our minimum requirements for this role are:
- 2+ years drafting experience
- Competent in RapidPlan or similar
- Possess a detailed working knowledge of the Road Management Act 2004 Code of Practice Worksite Safety – Traffic Management and Australian Standards 1742.3:20019
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MicroSoft Word and Excel
- The ability to problem solve complex issues and work independently
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.