|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and energetic person to join our Global Indirect Commodity Management (ICM) team, in the role of Senior Commodity Specialist, based at Alcoa’s Australian corporate office in Booragoon, Western Australia.
In this role, you will report into a global team that is responsible for managing the strategic spend for Alcoa’s Indirect Materials (including MRO, Production Support, Refractories, and Indirect Chemicals & Coatings) to Alcoa’s global operations across Australia, Europe, US, Canada and Brazil.
You will be working with and supporting the overall leadership of the global team which includes the successful development, implementation, execution, and compliance to the assigned high impact/critical and high value commodity portfolio/s (and categories), including the development and support (of other Alcoa stakeholders) in the implementation of the assigned global commodity/category strategies, contracts, performance metrics, processes, and policies.
For the right candidate, flexible work arrangements would be considered for this role. Please let us know when you apply if this is something you are seeking.
As a nationally recognised employer of choice for gender equity and advocate for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and intersex inclusion, Alcoa encourages applications from women, people of diverse backgrounds and those with different skills and life experiences.
Our values – act with integrity, operate with excellence, care for people – are at the foundation of everything we do. To be successful in this role and to play a part in our ongoing success you will have:
- Demonstrated leadership and communication/influencing capability and skills;
- A bachelor’s degree in Strategic Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Purchasing, Business, Engineering or related with relevant experience in Category/Contract Specialist and/or Procurement Specialist;
- Advanced degree (MBA) preferred;
- Professional certifications CPM, APICS, P.E., CIPS a benefit;
- Demonstrated experience in delivering global and regional category strategies in the Mining and Resources industry or similar.
- Proficiency in English language required;
- Multiple language knowledge and multiple country experience is beneficial;
- Strong working knowledge of Procurement and business processes and extensive experience as a Purchasing Manager in heavy industry or similar level.
- Ability to communicate and influence key stakeholders at all levels of the Alcoa business and external Supplier market.
- Depending on the job level, demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills
As an Alcoa employee, you will embark on growth opportunities and can truly make a difference being part of an organisation that respects and considers flexibility whilst empowering you with stimulating and challenging work
About where you will work
Alcoa’s Australian head office is located in Booragoon, approximately 15 kilometres south of Perth’s central business district. This office provides corporate services, including finance, procurement, information technology, environmental management and corporate affairs, to Alcoa’s businesses locally and world-wide.
Friday 10 April 2020
- You will only be contacted if you are shortlisted for an interview, this process can take up to four weeks from the closing date.
- This position is available only to permanent Australian residents or applicants who hold the relevant Visa with authority to work in Australia. Please ensure this information is clearly stated on your application.
- Find out more about working for Alcoa in Australia at www.alcoa.com.au/opportunities-aus
About Alcoa in Australia?
- Alcoa employs approximately 4,000 people in Western Australia and Victoria; most of our employees live regionally and our head office is in the Perth suburb of Booragoon.
- Alcoa has been named an employer of choice for 18 consecutive years by the Federal Government’s Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
- Alcoa is an active and supportive partner in the community. The company sponsors ideas and opportunities important to local people such as addressing mental health, inspiring youth, promoting environmental education and highlighting health and safety.
- Alcoa has been contributing economically and socially in Western Australia and Victoria for more than 56 years. More than 65 per cent of Alcoa’s Australian annual revenue stays in Australia through wages, local purchasing, taxes, royalties, capital investment and dividends to Australian shareholders.