|Job Type:||Full Time|
From the moment you join Alcoa’s Graduate Program, you will be given the opportunity of a permanent career that will take you far and beyond you’ve ever imagined. You will grow professionally, expand technically, and become part of our community where you will be inspired and challenged daily.
Across the three-year rotational graduate program which is tailored to your needs and career goals, you will be provided with the coaching, mentoring and formal training that will help you succeed and further your skills and expertise to maximise your full potential.
You will be exposed to various networking opportunities and be provided meaningful work where you can really make an impact with your thoughts, ideas and passions that will be strongly valued. You will work alongside diverse teams and open-minded individuals that will share their journey and support you through every step of the way.
As a Graduate Mine Engineer at Alcoa, you will learn and develop your experience in:
- Gaining a sound understanding of the site operational and technical function of Alcoa's Mining operations rotating between Huntly and Willowdale Bauxite Mines and the Global Planning team.
- Resource optimisation planning, mining engineering through to operations scheduling.
- Assessing future and present operational needs and opportunities.
- Conducting project work that provides information, analysis and recommendations to mining management.
- Meeting the requirements of the Mines Safety and Inspection Regulations to attain a Quarry Managers certificate of competency.
Our values – act with integrity, operate with excellence, care for people – are at the foundation of everything we do. To be successful in this role and to play a part in our ongoing success you will have:
- Recently completed or currently undertaking tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering and due to complete by the end of 2020.
- Positive communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of the organisation.
- The capability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritise tasks effectively.
- Strong Initiative with leadership potential.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
About the key benefits
- Work within a supportive and inclusive environment that strongly values safety.
- Take part in monthly ‘Graduate Days’ and team building activities.
- Enjoy a leisure day off in each four-week period to enable a positive work-life balance.
- Receive amazing employee benefits and an attractive remuneration.
- Join our social club and become part of our diversity and inclusion networks.
- Be considered for financial support to continue your future studies.
- Residential work providing the flexibility to be home each night.
- Have access to opportunities that may take you internationally!
For the right candidate, flexible work arrangements would be considered for this role. Please let us know when you apply if this is something you are seeking.
As a nationally recognised employer of choice for gender equity and advocate for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and intersex inclusion, Alcoa encourages applications from women, people of diverse backgrounds and those with different skills and life experiences.
About where you may work
Huntly Bauxite Mine is located in the Darling Range near Dwellingup, approximately 100 kilometres south of Perth. It is the world’s second largest bauxite mine, supplying ore to Alcoa’s Pinjarra and Kwinana alumina refineries. Approximately 600 people work at the mine.
How to Apply
- Please submit your online application by attaching your current resume, cover letter and academic transcript.
- Please note, your application will not be considered without an official academic transcript.
- Our graduate opportunities are only available to permanent Australian residents or applicants holding the relevant visa with authority to work in Australia. Please state this information clearly in your application.
- You will only be contacted if you are shortlisted for an interview, this process can take up to four weeks from the closing date.
- Find out more about working for Alcoa in Australia at www.alcoa.com.au/opportunities-aus
Monday 6 April 2020
About Alcoa in Australia?
- Alcoa employs approximately 4,000 people in Western Australia and Victoria; most of our employees live regionally and our head office is in the Perth suburb of Booragoon.
- Alcoa has been named an employer of choice for 18 consecutive years by the Federal Government’s Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
- Alcoa is an active and supportive partner in the community. The company sponsors ideas and opportunities important to local people such as addressing mental health, inspiring youth, promoting environmental education and highlighting health and safety.
- Alcoa has been contributing economically and socially in Western Australia and Victoria for more than 56 years. More than 65 per cent of Alcoa’s Australian annual revenue stays in Australia through wages, local purchasing, taxes, royalties, capital investment and dividends to Australian shareholders.