|Job Type:||Full Time|
Applications and Data Engineer
- Great opportunity to join our high-tech team supporting some of the most leading-edge mining technology
- Excellent work environment where people are valued and respected
- Permanent opportunity based in Perth Operations Centre
The Applications and Data Engineer role is focused on supporting the data centric systems currently used within the Rio Tinto Iron Ore Operations Centre, Perth supporting both Corporate and Production environments.The role will be accountable for the configuration, implementation, management and support of services, with a primary focus on OSISoft PI infrastructure and other data generating and data collecting solutions.
Reporting to the Senior Production Systems Engineer, you will be:
- Working within an engineering team to support the 30+ systems and applications used across our business
- Ensuring infrastructure is up to date and managed with capacity and supportability in mind, and implementing enhancement/improvements to these systems
- Developing and implementing new software based solutions
- Implementing methodologies, documentation and delivery toolsets for Corporate and Production environments
- Providing technical input to project scoping, planning and implementation phases
- Facilitating transition to support activities from project to operational support teams
- Maintaining working relationships with team members to facilitate a culture of shared knowledge and common processes
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Strong knowledge and experience with OSISoft PI Historian software, exposure to other data historian and relational/time-series database application suites is highly regarded
- Experience in Production related systems such as, Ampla, Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), and SCADA systems is highly regarded.
- Adaptable at learning new technologies, systems and applications
- Enthusiasm for technical problem solving, with attention to detail and strong communication skills
- Familiar with virtual infrastructure
- Good self-time management and prioritisation to ensure timely resolution of technical issues and development activities
- Experience with and ability to adhere to applicable policies, standards and solutions architecture
- Tertiary education within an engineering domain or computer science
What's on offer
- Competitive salary package with annual cash incentive awards (STIP) for eligible employees
- Discounted Health cover scheme (Medibank) for employees and their immediate family
- Eligible for the Rio Tinto employee share programme
- Salary sacrifice and packaging options
- Paid parental leave up to 9 months half pay or 4.5 months full pay
Where you will be working
Rio Tinto Information Systems and Technology (IS&T) operates across six key areas that enable better alignment with customer priorities, end-to-end accountability and flexibility to prioritise critical work.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.