Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
About the opportunity
Our Contaminated Land and Remediation Teams across Australia and New Zealand provide specialist consulting and strategic advisory services to an extensive internal and external client base. We deliver environmental services across the whole project life-cycle.
The Sydney-based Senior Environmental Consultant will be responsible for undertaking both preliminary and detailed contamination assessments and for providing support to our senior CLM consultants in proposal preparation, project management, reporting and fieldwork.
- Bachelor’s Degree in environmental science / Engineering or related field
- Relevant experience with contamination assessments and reports (intermediate / senior level)
- The ability to manage projects of appropriate size and complexity including timeframes, budgets, supervision of team members and client interaction
- Provide on-the-job training and mentoring to less experienced team members in relation to contamination legislation, guidelines, methods and practices
- Understanding equipment used in field surveys
- Drivers Licence and White Card (OHS Construction) essential
- Competent in computer related tasks using packages such as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Developing skills in ArcGIS desktop, mobile mapping tools applicable to the discipline and ESdat
We reflect our clients’ diversity at Jacobs. We value inclusion and diversity as it energises our people and encourages creativity, collaboration and innovation. Our global culture of caring fosters a workplace where we value the safety, positive mental health, inclusion and belonging of all our employees. Joining Jacobs introduces you to a variety of established global employee networks dedicated to empowering employees to maximise their potential through engagement and development opportunities across all career stages.
One of the many ways we thank our employees for their dedication and hard work, is offering quality, flexible benefit options that keep you and your family, physically and financially healthy. You’ll have access to several employee benefits including professional/educational support, flexible work arrangements, salary sacrifice options, monthly social events or community involvement programs.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Please note\: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.