|Location:||Kalgoorlie - Boulder|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The purpose of the Underground Project Engineer role is responsible for the production engineering functions to support the underground mining operations team in order to deliver annual budgets within required standards.
- Roster: 5:2 / 4:3 (10 hr days) with public holidays off work
- Attractive Salary + Quarterly Bonuses & Employee Share Scheme
- Location: Mungari, WA
At Evolution, we’re passionate about Our Culture and Values.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity, offering exceptional career environments at our Sites and our Group Office, that are challenging, rewarding and fun for all employees. We are regularly supporting our employees’ work-life integration and provide a stimulating and inclusive environment to foster development.
Evolution Mining is a leading, growth-focused globally relevant gold company. We were created in late 2011 and operate five wholly owned mines across Australia and Ontario, Canada. In addition, we hold an economic interest in the Ernest Henry copper-gold mine in Queensland.
We are committed to supporting the communities in which we operate, with local applicants encouraged to apply.
About the role
The Underground Project Engineer role offers an exceptional opportunity to join the underground team at Mungari! Key result areas in this role include:
- Deliver key infrastructure and business improvement functions and support the underground mining operations team. E.g. Pumping and ventilation infrastructure installations, setting up for a new portal and multiple new orebody’s
- Recognise areas for improvement within the operational or technical teams and drive projects which fix these issues.
- Deliver annual budgets within required standards (safety, values and cost).
- Liaise with Development and Technical Services and Mine Operations departments to identify where plans and actions are diverging and address the gaps to maintain adherence to plan
About our Operation
Our Mungari gold operation is both open pit and underground, located 20km west of Kalgoorlie and 600km east of Perth in Western Australia. Being a residential mine, our employees go home every night, with many living in the local community of Kalgoorlie. Throughout the year there are many cultural and community events to enjoy and for families there are several schools, parks and sporting clubs. Our lifestyle friendly rosters give our employees a great work-life balance.
Safety is our priority
The safety, health and wellbeing of our people and the communities in which we operate are of paramount importance to us. We believe that every injury is preventable, and we are committed to providing a healthy and safe workplace and empowering our people to stop any unsafe behaviour, enabling everyone to work together towards an injury free workplace.
As an Underground Project Engineer, you will have Tertiary qualification in Mining Engineering. It is also important that you have/ can demonstrate:
- Mine engineering experience (planning, scheduling, ventilation, D&B)
- Process improvement project experience
- Self-directed to achieve individual, team and organisational goals
- Completed underground time
- A positive attitude!
We thank you for taking the timeof submitting your application. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to build our team, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex, race or cultural background. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape and contribute to the Evolution vision.
As part of the application process, Evolution will be collecting your personal information to assess your suitability for the role.