|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is a company where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envision what can be, and take their careers to levels they can't achieve anywhere else. This is a world of more possibilities, more innovation, more openness, and sky's-the-limit thinking -- a cloud-enabled world.
At Microsoft we have unique capabilities to meet the needs of both individuals and organizations. We care deeply about taking our ideals and vision around the globe, and to make a difference in peoples' lives and organizations in all corners of the planet. Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet.
Are you insatiably curious? Do you embrace uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from your mistakes? Do you collaborate well with others, knowing that better solutions come from working together? Do you stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every day to empower others to achieve more through technology and innovation? Are you ready to join the team that is at the leading edge of Innovation at Microsoft?
As a Microsoft Technical Specialist for SAP on Azure, your main goal is to win the technical decision and support the deployment of SAP environments in Azure. You will work in a team, enabling the customers through digital transformation by leveraging the Intelligent Cloud.
Technical Specialist are expected to be able to both own and win the customer technical decision, as well as identify new and adjacent opportunities through their contacts and customer engagements. As a Technical Specialist, you work within a virtual team of technical, partner and consulting resources to help educate customers at a technical level, demonstrate and prove our solutions, and win the technical decision allowing the team to achieve/exceed quarterly Azure infrastructure, application, and developer services usage/consumption targets in your assigned accounts.
Being part of this team will allow you to maintain and develop your deep technical expertise across Microsoft and non-Microsoft cloud-based infrastructure technologies. Primary accountabilities for this role include: You will help customers make technical decisions to migrate SAP platform workloads to Azure, and build tomorrow’s business and IT solutions based on Microsoft and 3rd party technology. You will lead technical presentations, demonstrations, workshops, architecture design sessions, proof of concepts, and pilots to explain, demonstrate, and prove to our largest customers the capabilities of Microsoft's products and services.
You will address and solve technical, competitive and security blockers to accelerate Azure customer usage. You will work with partners and others at Microsoft, as well as use our core tools, social connection tools, and AI driven data to extend your reach and the reach of your team, focusing on satisfying important customer needs. You will be a vital connection and orchestration point for a variety of technical resources, orchestrating complex solutions with internal and external partners. Helping identify and diagnose technical, architectural, and competitive blockers and respective solutions for sales opportunities and usage decision blockers and helping ensure that these solutions are implemented.
You will be an Azure and Datacenter Infrastructure subject matter expert. You will build and maintain relationships with customers, influence long-term strategic direction and act as a trusted advisor driving engagement at the CXO level with technology decision makers. You will help customers evaluate their cloud strategy, determine approaches to application and data migration and modernization, and recommend solutions that meet their requirements. You will remove roadblocks to deployment and drive customer satisfaction.
Primary accountabilities for this role include
40% of your time will be spent leading business level dialogue with customers around the SAP workloads, including Business transformation for enterprise computing and digital transformation. You will engage Microsoft Account and solution teams on assessing SAP solution strategy with a broad set of customers in a geographical region, and present to customers in one-many venues on the Microsoft Solution Strategy for SAP
40% of your time will be spent on acting as a Subject Matter Expert to Sales teams and Solution Specialists to develop engagement approaches leveraging assets across Microsoft Account Teams, Product Teams and Engineering. You will brief Microsoft Executives around complex migration and deployment opportunities.
20% of your time will be spent on influencing the Microsoft Azure SAP go-to-market strategies by providing feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering on current and future product requirements and technical blockers. You will be recognized for sharing, learning and driving work that results in business impact for customers, partners and Microsoft. We encourage thought leadership and we encourage all our employees to continuously maintain and enhance their technical, sales, professional skills and competitive readiness. You will therefore be required to attain and maintain required certifications.
- Experience.10+ years enterprise technology pre-sales or consulting experience with deep expertise on SAP Netweaver platformrequired
- Account Management.10+ yearseffective territory/account managementand leading sales teams: planning, opportunity qualification and creation, stakeholder and executive communication, needs analysis, value engineering, services/partner engagement, opportunity managementand proposal response, pipeline management, large dollar licensing and deal negotiationrequired
- Executive Presence.10+years’ experienceand expertise selling toC-Suite and executivebusiness decision makers by aligning & reinforcing the value ofAzure SAPto the customer’s overall business pain and/or strategic opportunities and decision criteria.Required
- Problem Solver.Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologiesrequired
- Collaborative.Orchestrate and influence virtual teams to pursue sales opportunities and lead v-teams through influence
- Azure Platform.Understanding of Microsoft server products and/or complementing solutions. The position requires the ability to articulate and present the business value of Microsoft's solutions and have a firm understanding of Microsoft's strategies and products relative to major Microsoft competitorspreferred
- SAP:Ability to deliver quick POC/landscape sizing and demos using SAPNetweaverplatform.10-15 years in presales SAP ERP Systems to large Enterprise customers. Installation of SAP systems based on SAP NetWeaver for all supported database and operating system combinations. Installation, integration and configuration of SAP HANA, S/4 HANA, SAP Business Suite and SAP BW
- Leadership.Experience leading large cloudengagements,especially those involvingInfrastructuremodernization andmigrationpreferred
- Competitive Landscape.Knowledge of enterprise software solutions andcloud and datacenterinfrastructure competitor landscape
- Partners.Deep Partner engagement and Management skills with SAP focused Practices.
- Certifications. Azure Admin Associate or Architect or AZ120 Preferred
- Communication:Executive level speaking and presentation skills,and good written communication skills
- Exceptional demonstrated decision-making, conflict resolution, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Bachelor's degree inBusiness, Engineering,Computer Science/Information Technologyor a similar information technology-related discipline,MBApreferred, or equivalent experience
- SAP Hana Certification/Migration specialist certification
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.