Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law.
Dispute resolution is a strategic area of focus for Ashurst globally.
The firm has major international disputes coverage with over 50
partners and more than 200 other disputes lawyers globally. Ashurst
belongs to an elite group of firms with large disputes teams in London
and Australia, and established and successful teams across Continental
Europe and Asia.
Our market leading construction dispute resolution practice provides construction law and dispute management advice in relation to all aspects of domestic and international project delivery. We are privileged to have a primary advisory role on some of the region's most significant resources and infrastructure projects in mining, LNG, rail and roads.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior lawyer to join our
dispute resolution team in Sydney. The successful candidate will have
experience in the management of construction and project litigation
ideally in the resources and infrastructure sectors. While this role
is based in Sydney, it is expected that the successful candidate will
be able to work closely with the broader regional team on resources
and infrastructure project disputes and will likely involve
opportunities to work on matters in Brisbane, Sydney and Perth, and
outside of Australia.
The construction litigation work is for a blue chip client base in the resources and infrastructure sectors.
- Advising clients on construction and project disputes.
- Preparation of claims for expert determination, adjudication, arbitration and litigation.
- Preparing formal legal opinions.
- Business development and networking activities.
- Contributing to department know-how.
Essential skills and experience:
- 5-8 years' experience as a lawyer with construction dispute experience gained within a top-tier firm (or by a combination of top-tier and in-house) preferably within the resources and infrastructure sectors.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Superior drafting ability.
- A commercial approach and an ability to articulate and negotiate effectively.
- Strong attention to detail with well-developed analytical skills.
- The ability to be team-focused in providing leadership and mentoring to the juniors in the team whilst also working independently.
- A proactive, positive and energetic approach with a commitment to providing excellent service and, a desire to interact with the market and build client relationships.