|Job Type:||Full Time|
Functional Area: Networks
Work Rights: AU/NZ Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident
Travel: Up to 10%
Background Checks: All employment offers to join Ericsson are subject to satisfactory completion of our global pre-employment check
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with over 45,000 life-enhancing technologies to our name, at Ericsson we’ve made it our business to make a mark. We are on a quest, relentlessly innovating to make technology easy to adopt, easy to use and easy to scale. As a team, we are helping to solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that’.
We’ll help you design your future! You can choose to be an expert or a leader or both! Leveraging everything from cybersecurity to machine learning, making smart manufacturing and autonomous mines a reality. With access to hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world with the support to really find ‘your great’ and the ability to rediscover it, again and again.
Our Great Opportunity:
Ericsson Australia is growing! As a result, we are now looking for an experienced Solution Architect that will be responsible for performing optimization and audit of a network to meet customer requirements. The role focuses on executing optimization of services, where you will be accountable for part of the solution and of the service process. Hereby, you should be able to keep time, performance and quality according to Ericsson requirements and customer contracts.
- Lead a small team of engineers (5)
- Analyze customer network and propose 4G technical solutions to improve network performance
- Develop technical presentations and proposals, and perform customer presentations
- Point of contact for technical 4G related queries or critical issues from customer
- Fix complex site performance issues and recommend tuning/optimization actions through strong collaboration with customer
- Drive process improvements and automation
- Teams Optimization budget
- Share knowledge and mentor less experienced members of the team
- Stay abreast of on new technology/technical areas and share information about solution to enable customer competence build
- Education: Bachelor or Master’s degree in electrical engineering, communications engineering or equivalent
- At least 7 years' of experience in Telecommunications (at least 5 years in LTE)
- Excellent understanding and experience in RF Planning, Tuning and Optimization in LTE networks.
- Worked as a Technical SME in large scale LTE networks rollout, network capacity upgrades and/or network swap outs projects.
- Excellent knowledge of LTE landscape, strategies and technology roadmaps
- Proven experience in driving feature introductions with customer
- Hands-on experience in driving end-to-end feature testing, Proof of Concepts (POC) and 4G Trials
- Strong troubleshooting skills with network performance to achieve important metrics
- Proven experience working with internal/external partners
- Strong 3GPP knowledge and standard
- Strong leadership skills and able to motivate team and improve performance
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with customer
- Experience and understanding in a multi-vendor network
- Programming/Scripting skills VBA, Python for automation (highly regarded)
- Financial Acumen – deliver project on time and on budget
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-First” projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
Ericsson is a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women! See our benefits and policies here:https://au.work180.co/employer/ericsson/benefits
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
For your interview preparation, here are a few "Tips&Tricks" from our recruiters
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.