|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Laing O’Rourke
Laing O’Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with over 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O’Rourke banner. We are currently delivering some of Australia’s most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O’Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry.
About the role
We are currently seeking a Senior Project Engineer with large scale resources related earthworks experience. The primary purpose of this role is to provide leadership, direction and mentoring to a team of Engineers to ensure packages of works are delivered on time, within budget and meet the quality objectives safely.
This permanent role offers great career prospects with a privately owned tier 1 constructor and international engineering enterprise.
- Plan, program and regularly monitor the design activities to a timely and cost effective conclusion ensuring the design is managed according to the clients brief, is buildable, safe and prevents re-work or ongoing defects
- Provide support as required by the Project Leader for any stakeholder contract requirement
- Collaborate with the Procurement function to establish and implement the project’s procurement strategy. Ensure quality compliance and program requirements of the procurement activity
- Develop and deliver management plans and controls to aid the delivery of the project
- Monitors budget and risk register for project and advises variations and responsible for managing budget for their assigned work scope
A relevant engineering degree (Civil) combined with extensive experience on large scale resourcing projects in the Pilbara. Previous experience working on RIO Tinto projects will be highly desirable.
You will have proven experience in successfully delivering large earthwork packages and managing site engineers, ideally for a Tier 1 or Tier 2 Contractor.
We work hard to create an environment that brings out the best in our people. We believe in building careers through providing a safe, connected and innovative culture that supports ongoing growth and development. We offer industry-leading benefits such as specialised learning and development programs, a mental health and wellbeing program, industry leading paid parental leave policy, family friendly work practices, additional purchased leave option and coaching programs for staff on parental leave.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society in which we live and work. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work arrangements and family friendly work practices to enable and maintain a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce.
Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.