|Job Type:||Full Time|
Start Date: March 2020
Duration: 12 months Full Time
- Work in a role where no two days are the same
- 12 Month Full Time Internship
Your Role and Responsibilities
What will I be doing?
- Gain exposure to corporate Learning and Development programs
- Creating and distributing engaging communications both internally and externally
- Assist with the preparation and distribution of weekly/monthly reports
- Event coordination and management
- Process standardisation and improvement and more
- Provide assistance to the HR Executive
- HR administration and project work
- Provide support to GBS HR Partners across a range of areas, including:
- HR Administration and coordination
- Excel formulas, graphs and mapping
- Report preparation and interpretation
- Talent Mapping and retention strategy development
- Promotions process assistance
- Performance review and management
- Domestic mobility of key talent to meet Client needs
- Assist and support managers where required
- Backup HR Partner on occasion
- Onboarding and probation performance review
- Annual bonus and salary review cycle
- People manager review and education
- Promotion Board preparation and proactive coaching to promotion-readiness
- HR Systems support
- General administration
What skills will I need?
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excel skills and data analysis capability
- Able to take a concept and put into a presentation format eg. PowerPoint
- Ability to conceptualise business challenges and potential HR solutions
- Inquisitive and curious mindset, willing to challenge and ask questions
- Able to consider strategic point of view whilst also working at a detailed transactional level
- Able to converse with senior stakeholders and resolve issues
- Detail orientated, proactive and accurate
- Comfortable working independently and able to self-manage to committed timeline
Duration: 12 months Full Time
Area of Study Preferred:
- Human Resources/Business/ Marketing/ Economics/Commerce
- You will be an Australian Citizen
- You will be enrolled in a relevant degree at a University in Australia (undergrad/Master's level)
- You will be a strong academic performer with a minimum of a credit average
- You will have no more than 2 years full-time relevant work experience
-Upload your CV, cover letter, academic transcript and your Right to Work document (AU/NZ passport, citizenship/birth certificate and photo identification)
- All applicants are required to check their email ID (1) business day after applying online to undergo an IPAT test. (MANDATORY TEST) Instructions for the test will be outlined in the email.
We believe true innovation is driven by diversity, so in order to uphold our reputation as an industry-leading enterprise, we rely on people from different backgrounds, different perspectives and different attitudes. So come on board and join us as we enter a new era for our industry – and our planet.
Sign me up!
If you tick these boxes, and are ready to start your next challenge with a career at IBM – click “Apply” today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- As above
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- As above
About Business Unit
We are the trusted partner for Australia and New Zealand’s businesses and governments as they reinvent using cloud, AI and blockchain within a secure environment. Our clients succeed because of our world-leading researchers, engineers and designers and our deep industry expertise. We celebrate our diversity and unite in our passion for IBM. We are #anewIBM
Your Life @ IBM
Join IBM as an intern and work shoulder to shoulder with some of our Industry leaders, helping to drive business, client relationships and team engagement. At IBM, we employ the best and brightest minds across a wide array of business areas, offering you the opportunity to start building a powerful network of contacts early on in your career. On top of that, you'll gain invaluable experience working in and across the world's largest technology and consulting company.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.