|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Full-time, permanent role with a tier-one engineering consultancy
- Become a valued member of a professional, dynamic and inclusive team
- Well known, respected clients and diverse range of Projects
The Civil Group is a Hatch global practice providing civil engineering design expertise to Hatch's commodity-based business units. Our capability spans through the whole project life cycle, comprising scoping, conceptual design, pre-feasibility and feasibility studies, basic and detailed engineering, construction and project management.
Our Perth office is currently seeking applications from Civil Designers to join the group and assist with upcoming projects and possible future project requirements and opportunities. In joining Hatch you will be joining a friendly, supportive and inclusive workplace. You will be able to further your career both liaising with and learning from a diverse range of people.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Be involved in a wide range of projects – mining, road design, storm-water/wastewater/water design, bulk earthworks and haul roads, retaining walls, geotechnical investigations.
- Use AutoCAD to create high quality engineering drawings.
- Issue drawing and PDF sets - from concept plans through to consent and construction issues and as-built drawings.
- Assist with document control procedures, uploading/downloading files for clients, drawing databases, standard detail libraries and undertake any other activities which are consistent with the accountability and responsibilities as listed above.
To be successful you will have:
- Experience in a civil engineering drafting role.
- Formal qualifications such as Diploma of Civil will be highly regarded.
- Ability to work in a small team or independently.
- Good communication skills and general computer literacy (CAD, Microsoft Office).
- Demonstrated organisational skills including the ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and follow-up actions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions based on sound judgement.
- High proficiency in the use of AutoCAD/Microstation and InRoads/OpenRoads software.
- Any exposure to 12d software would be beneficial, but not essential.
An employee owned organisation, by joining Hatch you will have the opportunity to be recognized and rewarded for your efforts. You will be provided with many benefits including: competitive remuneration and above statutory superannuation payments; optional salary sacrifice for additional annual leave, and participation in various employee reward and recognition and health and well-being programs.
To be considered for these roles you must have current work rights in Australia (i.e. a permanent resident or citizen of Australia or eligible work visa)
To submit your application please click the "Apply" button below.
As an accredited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA) and Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Within Australia, supporting and encouraging a flexible workplace, we offer our employees comprehensive benefits, including up to 12 weeks leave per year as part of our Lifestyle Leave Program. If you have any special needs requirements, please discuss with us and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.