|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Permanent full-time career growth opportunity
- Become a core member of a professional, collaborative and inclusive team
- Convenient, central CBD location - flexible work arrangements available
Our Brisbane resources and infrastructure business is experiencing growth due to recently secured, high profile Projects and future workforce planning requirements. Due to this growth, we are looking for an Intermediate Structural Drafts-person to assist with current project requirements within a multi-disciplinary consultancy.
The successful candidate will have 5 to 10 years of experience in the resources and infrastructure sector with a strong technical background. You will be required to provide management skills to expand the structural team capability and support the ongoing activities of a leading multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy. You will be provided with an opportunity to motivate and mentor team members and secure key roles on a variety of different Projects for well-known, reputable Clients.
This is an exciting time of growth across our business and there will be an opportunity to further accelerate your career as you actively and successfully work with others to contribute to the growth of the practice and the wider Hatch communities of practice.
Key Responsibilities of this role include:
- Producing and maintaining technical and engineering drawings using 3D CAD software
- Performing conceptual layout work
- Checking drawings prior to release
- Ensuring coordination of work with designers and engineers of other disciplines
- Performing clash detection of models with other discipline models
- In conjunction with engineering staff, preparing design concepts for both internal and client review
Key required qualifications and experience:
- Engineering diploma or equivalent (civil/structural)
- Demonstrated structural drafting experience
- Experience within a large project, multidisciplinary EPCM environment
- Ability to model in a 3D environment
- Knowledge of industry and/or regulatory standards, regulations and codes pertinent to the design and systems related to the Project
- Proficient in the use of MicroStation and AECOsim
- Excellent communication, team work and interpersonal skills
An employee owned organisation, by joining Hatch you will have the opportunity to be recognised and rewarded for your efforts. You will be provided with many benefits including: competitive remuneration and above statutory superannuation payments; optional salary sacrifice for additional annual leave, and participation in various employee reward and recognition and health and wellbeing programs.
To be considered for these roles you must have current work rights in Australia (i.e. a permanent resident or citizen of Australia or eligible work visa).
To submit your application please click the "Apply" button below.
As an accredited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA) and Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Within Australia, supporting and encouraging a flexible workplace, we offer our employees comprehensive benefits, including up to 12 weeks leave per year as part of our Lifestyle Leave Program. If you have any special needs requirements, please discuss with us and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.